Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Have you been involved in raising funds for new play equipment for your local playpark?

(8 Posts)
Flier Wed 09-Jul-08 12:13:46

If so then I'd be interested to hear how you went about it.

Have also posted this in chat, but this is probably a better place for it.

Doodle2U Wed 09-Jul-08 12:17:53

I haven't directly but we have a group here called Friends of *** Park and they have done loads. Most of the money has come from grants - takes a lot of research and form filling but you can get some pretty chunky amounts. Public play equipment is/seems to be hugely expensive. I can put you in touch with them if you like. The woman who chairs this group would be happy to share her expertese.

my email - adora32@hotmail.com

Flier Wed 09-Jul-08 12:28:12

thanks doodle2u, i'll be in touch.

Flier Fri 15-Aug-08 08:14:41

doodle2u, I've just emailed you regarding this, thanks

TuttiFrutti Sat 16-Aug-08 18:53:55

Doodle2u, can I join in and email you as well please? I would like to upgrade the shoddy play equipment in our local park and don't know where to start.

Flier Mon 18-Aug-08 07:52:22

TuttiFrutti, Can I suggest you start by contacting your local community council, or your council direct? Thats what I did to be told they have no money to replace old equipment.

hth

bigspender30 Mon 18-Aug-08 18:55:15

I started helping a community group with this before I went on maternity leave and I haven't been back. If anyone wants further info, email me at bigspender 30 at yahoo dot com.

or cat me

Flier Tue 19-Aug-08 19:08:26

thanks bigspender, I've emailed you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now