Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Setting up an education fund for Private Schooling???

(6 Posts)
Angeliz Wed 02-Feb-05 12:24:47

Hello all

My dd is getting on really well at her nursery which is part of a private School which ,fingers crossed, she'll stay at.
DP and i have discussed puuting a lump sum of money into a trust fund just for this.
We have no idea where to start, he's going to speak to his financial advisor but we said we'd also ask mumsnetters as i've had some great advice before about Private Schools.
So does anyone have something of this sort set up and where do you start??

Ameriscot2005 Wed 02-Feb-05 12:31:45

We just pay out of income, or add it onto the mortgage , but I have read good stuff about financial planning for education on the Independent Schools Information Service website and also on the Money and Education pages of the Telegraph.

RTKangaMummy Wed 02-Feb-05 12:37:48

we have done this

ask the burser

gingerbear Wed 02-Feb-05 12:59:51

Angeliz, the financial consulants in Ameriscot's link are clarke & Partners

marialuisa Wed 02-Feb-05 15:28:24

Do you have a Financial Adviser you see about insurance etc.? He should be able to help. When we looked it made more sense for us to pay out of income for various reasons but there were quite a few schemes to choose from.

Angeliz Wed 02-Feb-05 16:24:54

Thanks all,will look into all these options.

DP does have his own financial advisor so we'll be asking him too but knew you'd come up with some usefull stuff.

We're new to all this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now