Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Advices on these Car insurances...what is their reputation like?

(10 Posts)
biglips Mon 07-Jul-08 10:34:41

Yes Insurance

Marks and Spencer insurance

Auto trader insurance

thanks

solo Mon 07-Jul-08 10:43:14

I always go to Confused.com...my friend was screaming with her renewal quote and confused saved her £200...I've just renewed with Hastings Diect. They seem to cover everything and are reasonable in cost too.
No idea what those ones you are looking at are like though, but they sound expensive! grin

lulumama Mon 07-Jul-08 10:46:31

agree to use confused.com, we saved over £250 per year, we are now insured with esure.com after using the confused.com website, they compare lots of different insurers for you.

biglips Mon 07-Jul-08 10:49:05

yes thats where ive been as they are the top 3 and i dont know much about them

sillybillybee Mon 07-Jul-08 10:53:05

Unsure of the others but I'm with M+S this yr thanks to confused.com lol. Cheapest for me at the time, DD payment (think I paid 2 mths upfront when I arranged it too). Have only had to contact them once because I was unsure whether the bank would pay the DD one mth, got through quickly and nice person on the other end.

cmotdibbler Mon 07-Jul-08 14:52:16

M+S are underwritted by Norwich Union. We have just had a household claim with them (M+S), and the service was absolutely shite.

Don't know about the others.

LadyMuck Mon 07-Jul-08 14:56:30

Not on your list but I had to make a claim with Esure and they were sooooooo efficient and helpful. They were the cheapest too, but I'm renewing because their customer care was superb.

MuffinMclay Mon 07-Jul-08 15:33:59

MIL had a terrible time with M&S. They took 4 months to resolve a claim (a very uncontroversial one too - car stolen, found written off), and she had to do a lot of haggling to get a decent sum. They only paid up when threatened with reporting to the ombudsmen.

biglips Mon 07-Jul-08 19:27:28

so M&S are a no-no.

whitetulips Thu 10-Jul-08 19:54:52

top tip I spent last night using confused.com. tescocompare.com and moneysupermarket.com. I got different quotes for the same insurance through the 3 sites!
So boring as it is, use more than 1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now