Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

If I want to speak to someone about my tax, who do I speak to?

(5 Posts)
tammybear Tue 01-Feb-05 11:17:57

I want to sort out my tax code as Im on an emergency one at the moment. Do I ring up Inland Revenue, or the local tax office? Or can I do it through work? Thanks

MancMum Tue 01-Feb-05 11:19:00

your work should do it... otherwise ringup local tax office...

Sponge Tue 01-Feb-05 11:21:36

Your work will do it but if you want it to happen fast then call your tax office. They're incredibly helpful when you speak to them and they'll instigate the changes immediately.
The good news is that if you're paying emergency tax now then they will owe you money .

tammybear Tue 01-Feb-05 11:23:33

how would i find the number for the local tax office? is that the same as the dwp? i get so confused!

Tinker Tue 01-Feb-05 16:08:17

Try here tammybear

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: