Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can you help me fill out this form please?

(8 Posts)
tammybear Sat 29-Jan-05 11:10:38

Ive been sent a form from the Inland Revenue about my employment record from 6 April 04. I wasn't working from then til 3 January 05, so have put I was not working but they want a total weekly income before stoppages or weekly rate of benefit. Which benefits do I include in this? I was on IS, CTC, CB and getting HB and CTB. Also now that Im in employemtn, it wants my payroll/works number, and Ive looked on my payslip and not sure which one it is. I have a tax code but this is an emergency one. Is it that? Or do I have to get the info out of work? Thank you.

mrsflowerpot Sat 29-Jan-05 11:17:32

It's not the tax code they want, they want the number that your work assigns you so that they can identify the tax you're paying. This will be to sort out the fact that you're on emergency tax and give you a proper tax code (hopefully not as much as now if you've only recently been in employment). Payroll numbers are usually XXX/1234 or some similar format, they include the employer's tax reference and your own. Ask your employer if you're not sure which one it is.

Not sure about the benefits, but I'm sure someone else will - if not, give them a ring on Monday. They're actually quite helpful surprisingly enough!

tammybear Sat 29-Jan-05 11:53:14

thanks mrsflowerpot

tammybear Sat 29-Jan-05 14:41:52

bump, can anyone help about the benefit bit?

tammybear Sat 29-Jan-05 19:10:50

bumping for evening m'netters

JulieF Sat 29-Jan-05 21:45:33

Just to say, some companies don't assign you a payroll number (mine doesn't) . A payroll number is used to identify you in a large company and is used if your firm run computerised accounts etc.

In my company the payroll is done manually and we are all just known by name.

phatcat Sat 29-Jan-05 21:59:47

tammy - have you looked up the form on ? They often have fairly detailed guidance notes on how to fill them in available online which they don't always send out with the form. You might find something which says which benefits to include. I've just had to do a personal tax return and found the online help to be a godsend. HTH

tammybear Fri 04-Feb-05 19:38:59

Thanks, I did have a look on IR, but they didnt have a helpsheet for my form! Typical lol. But I had to go CAB anyway so I mentioned it then and I didnt have to worry about stating what benefits I got as they wasnt jobseekers/incapability allowance. Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: