Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

removing CCJ's

(3 Posts)
horseshoe Fri 28-Jan-05 13:47:01

I was given a CCJ after an ex landlord took me to court(long story) I only lost half of the battle and it all got paid straight away but still shows as outstanding on my credit report.

Does anyone know how to amend this?


Freckle Fri 28-Jan-05 14:02:07

If you paid within one month of judgment, then the ccj should not have appeared on the Register of CCJs. If the amount has been paid, you can apply to the court where judgment was issued for a Certificate of Satisfaction. Contact the court and they will explain how to do this. You can then contact the credit reference agency to have your record updated.

lou33 Fri 28-Jan-05 14:25:12

if it is paid within 30 days there should be no record of a ccj iirc, if it is paid in full after that, a note saying "satisfied" should be recorded against the ccj . After that it is 6 years from the date of the ccj before it is wiped from your record, paid or not

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: