Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Trust Fund (CTF) account incentives

(11 Posts)
Uwila Tue 25-Jan-05 11:43:36

The Royal Bank of Scotland if offering and incentive pack to open the account with them.

An excerpt from the below link:

The RBS Child Trust Fund is a ‘balanced fund’ which has been developed to provide the optimum mix of reward and risk. RBS will be offering parents and guardians an attractive package of rewards for opening their Child Trust Fund with them. These will include discounts on family breaks, books, CDs, children’s toys and kids clothing.

Royal BAnk of Scotland CTF incentive

Does anyone know of any competing incentives on offer?

galaxy Tue 25-Jan-05 11:50:01

Are they really? Might have been an idea to publish this on their staff intranet as they have 1000's of UK employees. They have tie-ins with lots of other organisations so may be some good offers included.

I don't know of any other companies offering incentives and I've looked at a few websites myself this morning.

misdee Tue 25-Jan-05 11:54:13

barclays are offering a free Heffalump toy.

PlainFlum Tue 25-Jan-05 11:55:45

The free gifts are always pants.

Wouldn't put my money with those high street blood suckers.

Anyone know any good ethical or building society alternatives?

galaxy Tue 25-Jan-05 11:55:49

That made me snort misdee

misdee Tue 25-Jan-05 11:56:25

what a deal eh galaxy

galaxy Tue 25-Jan-05 11:56:53

If the RBS offers are as good as the staff offers, they'll be decent.

But as someone who's about to resign her job, I wouldn't open an account with them either

Uwila Tue 25-Jan-05 12:02:28

Perhaps if we can get the word out to ther institutions, we can start a competing war?

I wrote the bank of scotland asking if they would please disclose the specifics of what is on offer. I'll post the response here if I get one.

Mellon will be doing their accounts for them, and when they asked about it yesterday, the RBS said they couldn't say as details had not yet been finalised. So I'm not expecting a response for little old me.

Uwila Tue 25-Jan-05 16:00:57

Royal Bank of Scotland reponse to my e-mail:

Thank you for your request for an RBS Child Trust Fund application pack which will be sent to you by the end of this week.

The incentives pack includes offers in excess of £250 and includes items such as:-

£5 off Adams Kids (subject to a spend of £25)
20% off Penguin Books
15% off family rooms at Alton Towers
up to 50% off Haven holidays
20% off Experience days (spa days, makeovers, Tiger Moth flight) Up to £250 off 100 child friendly hotels 40% off magazine subscriptions

There are other offers available including Toys R Us and Curry's money off vouchers.

In the meantime, if you have any queries regarding Child Trust Funds, then please do not hesitate to contact us.

PicadillyCircus Tue 25-Jan-05 16:09:13

I saw an advert somewhere about incentives being offered - can't remember who it was with (obviously not a very good advert )

Uwila Tue 25-Jan-05 19:45:17

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now