Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Good savings accounts for babies

(9 Posts)
PlainFlum Mon 17-Jan-05 15:42:57

Our DD has been given some money for her Christening. anyone recommend good accounts to open - building society or bank. or are they much of a muchness

PlainFlum Mon 17-Jan-05 16:07:44

Oh, no one got one then?

Frizbe Mon 17-Jan-05 16:11:34

I grabbed a leaflet from Lloyds the otherday, but haven't researched it.....I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good money comparision site, that would help you out!

PlainFlum Mon 17-Jan-05 17:00:43

Yeah, there must be something like that.

And a crystal ball would be useful too, to assess which financial institutions will not go down the pan in the next 21 years.

vict17 Mon 17-Jan-05 17:03:51

When ds was born my dad asked his accountant and the one with the best interest rate was Allaine and Leicester

lowcalCOD Mon 17-Jan-05 17:05:11

loads fo threads on this if you look
nationwide came out well

muminlondon Mon 17-Jan-05 17:09:00

Try this site - found it on Google. Select 'Children's accounts' and search for best rates.

I haven't decided where to put dd's voucher yet!

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 17-Jan-05 17:10:17

All of ours bank with Nationwide. They come out on top a lot and they provide a good service. Not too gimmicky, but definitely worthwhile.

galaxy Mon 17-Jan-05 17:30:23

dd's is with Nationwide too - they were recommended by our IFA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now