Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Judgeflounce around??

(24 Posts)
Mosschops30 Wed 05-Jan-05 19:33:20

Message withdrawn

pixiefish Wed 05-Jan-05 19:38:04

she's a barrister- keep bumping this till you see her

JudgeFlounce Wed 05-Jan-05 19:43:19

Message deleted

warmmum Wed 05-Jan-05 19:44:40

What happened JF?

Mosschops30 Wed 05-Jan-05 19:46:36

Message withdrawn

JudgeFlounce Wed 05-Jan-05 19:46:42

Message deleted

Gwenick Wed 05-Jan-05 19:47:35

no way! I've not been on here long - but read a lot of your replies to people and you've been fabulous helping people!

Mosschops30 Wed 05-Jan-05 19:49:39

Message withdrawn

warmmum Wed 05-Jan-05 19:49:49

Puts my crap day rather into perspective. I hope it works out OK. When you do think you will know?

JudgeFlounce Wed 05-Jan-05 19:54:40

Message deleted

warmmum Wed 05-Jan-05 19:55:53

Keep us posted - GOOOOOOD LUCK

Surfermum Wed 05-Jan-05 19:59:23

Sorry to hear that JF. You have been so helpful to people on here. Good luck and [[[hugs]]].

JudgeFlounce Wed 05-Jan-05 20:04:19

Message deleted

janeybops Wed 05-Jan-05 20:27:38

Sorry to hear this JF - you were great help to me the other day.

SofiaAmes Thu 06-Jan-05 01:42:21

Mosschops30, does your dd father have contact? If so, why can't the grandmother do her contact then. Otherwise, if not, couldn't you figure out a way to give her the extra contact on casual basis so it doesn't end up being restrictive to you, but maybe even becomes an advantage (ie free babysitting). Or do you have some reason for not wanting her to have contact?

JudgeFlounce Thu 06-Jan-05 08:34:17

Message deleted

WigWamBam Thu 06-Jan-05 08:44:23

Silly question, JF, but are you OK? I was appalled by the way your thread turned last night and tried to have it deleted, I can believe that MN have allowed it to stay on the board. I did try to cat you, but you have elected not to receive messages.

I'm so saddened by the comments that were made about your little boy, and I just want you to know that most of us who posted on the thread last night were disgusted at soapbox for making them.

I'm so sorry that you had to read such devastating things this morning, I just feel disgusted at the level to which some people felt it necessary to stoop.

WigWamBam Thu 06-Jan-05 08:44:47

Can't believe, that should say - sorry.

coppertop Thu 06-Jan-05 09:59:16

JF - I don't know what happened on the other thread (my computer is too too slow to be able to open long threads) but I hope you're okay. xxx

Mosschops - We looked into the issue of grandparents having contact when my own mother was making similar demands. We were sent a solicitor's letter asking for contact on her terms. (Too long a story to go into but we weren't denying contact at all). The situation seems to be that courts will only enforce contact where there is a 'special bond' (usually meaning that the child had spent a great deal of time with the grandparent, eg they had lived with them. Any court will look at what is reasonable under the circumstances. I think once a month would seem reasonable to a court but obviously I'm no expert.

JaNgLyBELLS Thu 06-Jan-05 10:01:53

Mosschops - I think I'm right in saying that grandparents don't have any rights in law. So you wouyld just have to work this out on a personal level. Perhaps now and then allow an extra visit without making it 'set in stone'

aloha Thu 06-Jan-05 10:24:09

Mosschops, I hate to say this but she was entirely and absolutely wrong on the question of PR and unmarried fathers, which IMO is a very basic part of family law and not new at all.
As for the grandmother, I am pretty sure that any court would say once a month is absolutely adequate. Does her son (ie your child's father) not have contact? If so then I would expect the court would expect her contact to be part of his.

aloha Thu 06-Jan-05 10:34:32

Mosschops, I hate to say this but she was entirely and absolutely wrong on the question of PR and unmarried fathers, which IMO is a very basic part of family law and not new at all.
As for the grandmother, I am pretty sure that any court would say once a month is absolutely adequate. Does her son (ie your child's father) not have contact? If so then I would expect the court would expect her contact to be part of his.

edam Thu 06-Jan-05 10:55:16

JF, I am so sorry about the attacks mentioning Ross. That was absolutely appalling. Whatever is happening with the other issues, nothing excuses those comments.
Best wishes.

Hulababy Thu 06-Jan-05 20:44:57

JF, didn't see the personal attacks on your little boy. I am so sorry, entirely inappropriate. TBh I feel sickened at the thought. So sorry about that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now