Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Children's Savings Accounts

(11 Posts)
SueW Sat 01-Jan-05 10:18:35

DD has a post office account but they withdrew the books last year I'd like to open her an account which we can make small regular payments into, she can pay her savings/Christmas/birthday money into and has either a passbook or internet access so that she can see her money grow.

Actually possibly two accounts - one which can't be got into easily and one which is instant access.

Any ideas? Recommendations? She's 8yo BTW.

bonkerz Sat 01-Jan-05 10:20:01

my 2 have accounts at nationwide! We can access the money when we want and you get a book etc plus money box and colouring stuff when you open! DS loves the pouch the book goes in!

misdee Sat 01-Jan-05 10:21:48

my kids have abbey instant saver accounts, with books and cards. they may do one for kids wich needs notice to withdraw money as well.

mishi1977 Sat 01-Jan-05 10:49:34

hi my ds has a savers account with halifax and we can put any amount in when we want . He is only 14mths but i think u can save up to 5000 tax free

codswallop Sat 01-Jan-05 10:52:00

nationwide too
came out top once

Blackduck Sat 01-Jan-05 10:56:56

Alliance and Leicester - great rate of interest..

hana Sat 01-Jan-05 12:00:04

also have nationwide

tallulah Sat 01-Jan-05 12:07:09

Mine are with Bradford & Bingley. Seems good rate & is instant access.

MarsLady Sat 01-Jan-05 12:14:37

Nationwide accounts for all of mine. They seem to come out on top for most of the time as the best child accounts. No problems the kids can put in and take out (not that I encourage that yet) as little and as much as they need. Very happy with it! hth

lockets Sat 01-Jan-05 12:16:31

Message withdrawn

whitepixmas Sun 02-Jan-05 02:39:44

Nationwide again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now