Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Discount with certain benefits?

(5 Posts)
ssd Tue 28-Dec-04 17:15:08

I know this is a long shot,it's something I heard from a woman on the checkout's at Asda.
Does anyone know of a discount you can get at either Curry's or Dixon's when buying a washing machine??It's for my mum who gets attendance allowance, and income support.
I know it sounds wierd, but the woman in Asda said she got a tumble drier really cheaply as she is a single parent and gets Working Families Tax Credit.She couldn't remember where it's from ,either Currys or Dixons.
Hope someone can help!

JudgeFlounce Tue 28-Dec-04 18:23:28

Message deleted

ChristmasCracker Tue 28-Dec-04 18:40:34

You can sometimes get a grant from the social for stuff like that if you are on certain benefits.

coppertop Tue 28-Dec-04 18:43:37

Didn't realise there were 2 of these threads. I've already answered on the other one. Last year Dixons & Currys ran a scheme offering energy-efficient fridge-freezers at a discount to people on low incomes who claimed certain benefits (including attendance allowance). I don't know if they've since extended this though.

JudgeFlounce Tue 28-Dec-04 18:46:43

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now