Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone get a payment appearing on their bank statement from 'CNI Payments'

(13 Posts)
boo64 Wed 21-Nov-07 17:05:58

Does anyone get a payment into their bank marked 'CNI payment' - my granny is receiving a payment into her account of a small amount each month and has no idea what this is?! Anyone know?

boo64 Wed 21-Nov-07 20:48:19

bump

LilyLoo Wed 21-Nov-07 20:54:43

Is it a pension of some sort.
She needs to speak to the banjk and they will be able to give her more info.

boo64 Wed 21-Nov-07 21:17:07

Hi
She says she asked the bank and they said they couldn't give her any more information. Seems odd to me - like they were fobbing her off as couldn't be bothered. She's 86 and pretty compus mentis but not very financially aware.

LOVEMYMUM Sat 24-Nov-07 18:09:34

Maybe your gran could speak to someone higher up in the bank? Also, have a look at the online financial section in the Sunday Times, Telegraph etc (if they have one) for information.

StaryNightSky Sat 24-Nov-07 18:19:53

Ok I think!

CNI is the center of National Infrasturcture.

Its part of the government.

Could it be payments for cold weather allowance?

They deal with the sectors which deliver essential services: energy, food, water, transport, telecommunications, government & public services, emergency services, health and finance.

Hope that helps

boo64 Sat 24-Nov-07 21:22:36

Ah yes it could be cold weather allowance - it sounds like about the right amount.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. I'll have a chat with her but yes I agree she should ask someone higher up in the bank as surely you should be able to find out the source of funds.

boo64 Mon 03-Dec-07 19:07:46

It isn't cold weather as she actually got more in July than this month. The bank just actually can't trace what it is so we're none the wiser.That said it is a credit not a debit so she isn't too worried!

950ann Mon 15-Sep-08 14:07:45

Have you got any further information on the Cni payments your Granny gets. Please let me know.

notagranny Wed 08-Oct-08 21:53:49

We have also had CNI payments credited to both a joint account with LloydsTSB and my personal account with NatWest.
Amounts of £93.58 and £232.16 and even £435.99.
Neither Bank appears to be able to give details and my IFA is at a loss to understand it too.

The Centre for Protection of National Infrastructure seems to be all about 'threats to National Security' not Bank Statements. Curiouser and curiouser

BecauseImAWitch Wed 08-Oct-08 21:54:51

She hasn't responded to an e-mail from Nigeria recently has she?!

mrkbrrws Tue 21-Oct-08 12:37:21

'CNI Payments' are distributions from investments held with Cofunds.

chipmunkswhereareyou Fri 24-Oct-08 12:57:29

Ah that totally makes sense as some of her income comes from cofunds. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now