How to make money??

(11 Posts)
nadiamumoftwo Thu 10-Jun-21 23:14:31

Hi all,

Always a lurker, never the poster and all that jazz.

Looking for some tips on how to make some extra cash as I’m now getting a bit desperate and stressed out. I need to make £1000 to pay my rent on 27th. Usual story for lord knows how many people at the moment, lost job due to COVID and I've recently started new job (not done a shift yet, just done training) but due to pay dates I don’t get paid until mid July.
So my predicament is how to make this money, I have some cash for day to day living and can’t cut back on bills etc short then so I need a way to MAKE money. This works out at £71 per day. I’m going to pull out some old clothes and put them on FB but I doubt that’ll make much, if anything, as they are just cheap clothing items!

I’ll need to have a clear out to see if I own anything that I can sell but if this fails does anyone have any quick tips??

Thank you for reading! X

OP’s posts: |
EA24 Thu 10-Jun-21 23:34:11

It's a bit of a tricky one, but I know a few people doing Uber food deliveries, and the pay is not that bad.

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Thu 10-Jun-21 23:39:46

you could do evenings and week-ends shifts as waiting staff in hospitality they are desparate for staff at the moment

PandemicPalava Thu 10-Jun-21 23:40:28

Come onto the Earn £10 a day threads. Tons of ideas

nadiamumoftwo Thu 10-Jun-21 23:43:09

Yes Uber eats driver is a good idea, I’ll have a look on the app. Would need to sort a babysitter but needs must!

Will search for that thread :-)

OP’s posts: |
PandemicPalava Fri 11-Jun-21 09:21:59

Oh that thread is brilliant! Loads of things on there that I had never thought of and for the last two months I have made in the region of £1000. It can take a little while to get started though but you may be lucky and pick something up straight away

savvy7 Fri 11-Jun-21 12:51:26

Matched betting will earn you quick money

Advertisement

swiftt Fri 11-Jun-21 20:49:02

I definitely second the £10 a day threads. There are some things that you can get going with quite quickly for some quick cash.

Frenchfancy Sat 12-Jun-21 07:02:12

If you have a new job my first port of call would be the bank. An overdraft would take away the stress and you can then take on some evening shifts to pay it off.

NoSquirrels Sat 12-Jun-21 12:38:48

Three more practical avenues:

1) Speak to work about an emergency advance
2) Call your bank about an overdraft
3) Get in touch with your landlord and agree a re-scheduling of this month’s payment

Smolgoose Sat 12-Jun-21 15:31:10

I second speak to your landlord first, as they may be okay with rescheduling the payment. Also speak to your bank, as they may be happy to offer 1000 as overdraft. Either of those things will stop the worry.

If that fails, definately look into hospitality, there's a lot of places hiring at the moment., so you might be able to get flexible shifts that you can fit around your new job.

With the new job, would it be possible to get an advance of some of the pay due in July? It would be worth a try if all else fails, as I have heard of companies offering this. Another option would be if they could put you on weekly pay for the first month.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in