Claiming UC

(10 Posts)
Blacktothepink Tue 08-Jun-21 14:04:34

I would appreciate some advice about claiming UC.
Partner works full time, me part time, we have 2 pre teen dc. If I had to stop working eventually, partner continues to work, would we be eligible for UC, or would they expect me to find another job (I have a health condition). We rent H/A property.

OP’s posts: |
sparemonitor Tue 08-Jun-21 14:08:01

You would need to be signed off sick - this isn't done on request, only if your GP thinks you are unfit for work, and the cert may say 'may be fit to work' with suggestions for adaptations. You can't choose to stop work and claim, only if you are medically unfit.

Blacktothepink Tue 08-Jun-21 14:15:36

Oh I see. I’ll carry on going for as long as I can but eventually I will have to give up sad

OP’s posts: |
MyDcAreMarvel Tue 08-Jun-21 14:20:37

@Blacktothepink information above is incorrect. As long as your husband earns at least £544 a month and is not self employed you will be in light touch and not need to work. (That’s nothing to do with your health condition).

MyDcAreMarvel Tue 08-Jun-21 14:20:51

@Blacktothepink sorry partner.

Blacktothepink Tue 08-Jun-21 14:49:28

Thank you, this is what I’m trying to get at 👍

OP’s posts: |
Blacktothepink Tue 08-Jun-21 15:05:02

Is @Babyroobs about?

OP’s posts: |


MyDcAreMarvel Tue 08-Jun-21 16:37:56

Forgot to mention this group is really helpful it’s a registered charity.

Blacktothepink Tue 08-Jun-21 19:19:16

Thank you 👍

OP’s posts: |
LakieLady Wed 09-Jun-21 21:10:46

And whether or not you would be entitled to UC will depend on your husband's earnings. Use one of the online benefit calculators to check this out.

Have you considered applying for PIP?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in