Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

£250 voucher from the govt. for your baby - what's best to do with it?

(5 Posts)
Ettenna Sun 23-Sep-07 16:28:05

What did other parents do?

Ettenna Sun 23-Sep-07 16:28:54

Sorry, that sounds a bit bald! I'm just curious because I'm clueless about investment stuff.

ScoobyDooooo Sun 23-Sep-07 16:29:21

put it in a fund account, i put my childrens with barclays.

Roskva Sun 23-Sep-07 16:32:40

I stuck dd's in one of the child trust funds. The problem with those things though is the money can't be touched before the child is 18, so I'm saving money for her in an account which is accessible, so there will be money available for any big expenditure relating to her before then.

TuttiFrutti Tue 25-Sep-07 13:25:40

Don't do nothing!

We put ours in a share-based investment trust, because in the long term shares always outperform cash. But obviously shares can do down, so it is taking a risk (although IMO less of a risk than leaving it in cash long term). Which magazine publishes tables comparing the different child trust fund providers, both share and cash-based ones.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: