Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

help!!!! my university refuse to give me a copy of my transcript

(5 Posts)
omotunde Thu 20-Sep-07 21:40:11

i was withdrawn from university after completing my three years course because i failed one unit. having tried several university to give me admission to complete my course and graduate. i manage to get one that asked me to apply and send in my transcript along with the application form. my university told me to get them to write and request for it but i sense that they are reluctant to do this and now I've been denied a place on the course. how can i get the university to give me my transcript so that i can send copies with other applications or at least get something to show employer that this is what i've been doing for three years rather than having an empty gap in my cv.

PrincessGoodLife Thu 20-Sep-07 21:52:02

can your student's unions help you out?

omotunde Thu 20-Sep-07 22:50:24

i'm not sure if i can still go to them cos i am no longer a student in that campus. but what the university is saying is that it is the university rule. i appeal to the OIA who is like an outside body for education and they said that the university was right in stopping my course but they never mention anything about the transcript.

BetsyBoop Thu 20-Sep-07 22:57:43

you could always apply for a copy of the information under the Data Protection Act rules?

omotunde Fri 21-Sep-07 12:03:31

i think what i'm going to do is to ask a friend of mine who is a solicitor where possible to write the letter for me . Thanks guys

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: