Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Selling stuff at an NCT Nearly New Sale

(7 Posts)
PrettyCandles Thu 20-Sep-07 10:37:34

I want to sell some stuff at an NCT NNS, but haven't a clue how to price it. Mostly maternity clothes and baby/toddler clothes. Any tips?

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Thu 20-Sep-07 10:39:51

When I sold mine i was told to price it so you dont need to collect it! so not too high if its really nice i personally would put it on ebay i wouldnt price anything over £3 for children or £5 for maternity good lukc

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Thu 20-Sep-07 10:40:12

or luck!

throckenholt Thu 20-Sep-07 10:44:30

depends how much you want to get rid of it !

If you just want to pass it on to be of use to someone then price low. If you want to actually get some money back then price a bit higher but accept you might not sell it.

Baby clothes in particular there always seems to be masses of so much of it doesn't sell.

Sometimes bundling a few things together - eg 2 or 3 jumpers sells better.

And put things on hangers (if that is what they ask for) - at sales I have helped at if it isn't on a hanger it doesn't get put out.

TheBlonde Thu 20-Sep-07 10:44:40

Cambridge NCT has pricing tips scroll to the bottom of the page for the link

PrettyCandles Thu 20-Sep-07 11:06:44

Thanks. Good tips - and an excellent link.

What about washable nappies? I've got some Bambino Mios that have never even been unpacked, but they're 7 years old. Any ideas on pricing?

throckenholt Thu 20-Sep-07 11:30:40

I would say go for may 1/4-1/3 of the new price for the nappies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now