Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Uk Mortgage required -Husband works for Europe based company and paid offshore

(6 Posts)
Amethyst7167 Tue 18-Sep-07 16:20:10

We are wanting to purchase a property in the UK and are presently renting.

Ive been informed by 2 IFAs now that my husband needs UK payslips to apply for a UK mortgage. How can I get around this as he works for a Hungarian company and is paid offshore.

Any help wld be of great assistance.

tiredemma Tue 18-Sep-07 16:21:39

Dp's dad worked for an overseas company and was paid offshore- he had a mortgage through Abbey.( this was about 6 yrs ago though)

Amethyst7167 Tue 18-Sep-07 16:42:52

Thankyou, have just completed the online procedure and will talk to them on the phone this Thursday so will let you know.

LilyLoo Tue 18-Sep-07 16:52:00

Hi amethyst have spoken to dp he a mortagage advisor and he said he would have a look into it for you. Will let you know or you can contact him yourself on

Amethyst7167 Tue 18-Sep-07 17:18:18

Hi Lilyloo, have just emailed him via his site. Hopefully will speak in the next couple of days....
Mine is a very complicated story, so will be interested to see if he can help...

BigGitDad Tue 18-Sep-07 21:25:53

Halifax do expatriate deals and Woolwich deal with people working overseas too. Should be possible. I did a mortgage in the UK for someone living and working in Japan recently

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: