Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

BT & Dept Solutions Company

(3 Posts)
missnatalie Tue 18-Sep-07 13:57:13

Can anyone help please?

I have been a BT customer since Feb 2006 and since that thime i have moved 2 times. My last move was end June 2007. I informend BT and they transfered my line to new address. I have been expecting a final bill from them as i changed service providers in July but so far have received nothing. Today i receive a call from Dept Solutions. BT have passed my details onto them as i havnt paid my bill shock. When confirming my my address details they had my old address down and have been sending me letters there. BT also sent my bill to my old address. Therefor i never received it and thas why it hasnt been paid.

My name now has a mark against it even though it was BT s mistake. I have phoned BT but there useless (spoke to one of the call centres abroad and couldnt really understand her acxcent). Ive just sent a letter of complaint via email and awaiting their responce. Im scared now that im going to have bad credit. DP and i are applying for a mortgage soon and i dont want it to affect that. What should i do?

Thanks in advance
Natalie

missnatalie Tue 18-Sep-07 14:37:35

BUMP. Anyone smile

JillJ72 Wed 19-Sep-07 21:13:02

Natalie,

Ring them again, until you get the response you need. My own experience was dire (sorry) until I spoke to SIL who works for BT, and she forwarded our case which was then resolved. If you have a relatives/family member that works for BT have a word with them - BT has a Dept that handles complaints via friends and relatives, complaints that haven't been resolved via the normal route.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now