Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

we need a new car. whats the best way to pay?

(7 Posts)
tara4now Sun 16-Sep-07 15:51:50

our car has finally had it. we dont have the money to buy a car so will need to get finance. whats the best way to do it? loan? credit card? 0% finance from a car dealer etc etc. we have no idea! any advice?

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 16-Sep-07 15:53:26

0% would be your best bet, but often you can only get such deals with a fairly heft deposit. Vauxhall are doing 4 years 0% but with a 30% deposit.

Definitely not credit card!

Sheherazadethegoat Sun 16-Sep-07 15:57:11

i don't think dealer finance is ever a good idea. shop around for loans.

tara4now Sun 16-Sep-07 15:58:50

we dont have money for a deposit even. maybe manage a few hundred if we sold our car. i was thinking of a zero percent credit card and keep switching. what do you think?

goingfor3 Sun 16-Sep-07 16:01:08

Don't count on being able to switch credit car as the deals may stop. You also have to ay a balance trnasfer fee of around 2.5% when you switch cards.

goingfor3 Sun 16-Sep-07 16:01:27

credit card not car

tara4now Sun 16-Sep-07 16:05:56

my card is only 5.9 apr. less than alot of loans i can find. i was thinking about using that. the balance is clear on it now.
i guess i'll have to just keep looking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now