Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can somebody please explain what on earth the Halifax are on???

(6 Posts)
TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 12-Sep-07 16:05:07

Last month I accidently went £1.23 overdrawn on my current account with them - they duly charged me £28 (as per their t&cs). Fair enough my own fault for not being able to do my maths and paying for something else on the card when other money hadn't yet "gone" through the system blush. I haven't as yet paid £30 into my account to correct the amount.

Last week I recceived 2 letters telling me that I would be charged £28 (or thereabouts) at the end of this month, and a similar amount at the end of October because of my unauthorised overdraft. then today I got a letter basically saying "sorry we sent you those 2 letters just ignore them"?????? WTF??

Sheherazadethegoat Wed 12-Sep-07 16:07:35

i got the same. i promptly went down and closed teh account. nobs.

TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 12-Sep-07 16:46:56

glad it's not just me then!

saltire Wed 12-Sep-07 16:52:29

This will be the same Halifax that joined forces with the Bank Of scotland, and chnaged my and Dses savings accounts to halifax ones, but when i tried to pay money into my Bank Of scotland account they refused saying the only thing they did was "business banking " for the Bank Of Scotland. This is in spite of me phoning up BoS whilst standing at the desk in the Halifax and letting man (manager) on end of phone talk to Halifax woman. No they still wouldn't let me.
But, I can go in and withdraw money from same BoS account with my card at the same branch of the Halifax!, I can also pay money into my Halifax savings account and then transfer it itno BoS account! Bloody stupid

lailasmum Wed 12-Sep-07 16:54:03

Halifax are really disorganised They have never got my name spelt correctly regardless of the dozens of times I have told them, My friend has her mortgage with them and recently moved, they had to recalculate some charges and got it wrong about 4 times.

IdreamofClooney Wed 12-Sep-07 16:55:48

I am going to close my account with them too.

I had a joint account with my ex (completely untrusteworthy on so many levels) which I've been trying to close down after ex took every penny from it after we split (was only tax credits and child benefit in there). They won;t let me close it without his permission, so I just arranged for all future payments to come into my own account.

Was flabberghasted to get a letter from them telling us that they had decided to increse the OD limit on the joint account to £900.

There have been no payments into the account for months and they must surely have notes on their system that I;ve been trying to close the account and they increase the OD limit.

Am going to move to Alliance and Leicester - which bank did you change to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now