Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Does anyone live in the lake district?

(19 Posts)
auntyquated Tue 11-Sep-07 15:00:32

Do you need planning permisiion to replace a front door?

Someone has told me that we will do --- hmm

Blu Tue 11-Sep-07 15:03:51

does this help or lead to anything that might?

auntyquated Tue 11-Sep-07 15:06:34

oh thanks i will have a red through it.

i have rung them but the only pwrson who can help only owrks mornings and is off tomorrow. hmm

Blu Tue 11-Sep-07 15:07:38

I think AntEater lives in the lake district. Haven't seen him here for ages, though.

MellowMa Tue 11-Sep-07 15:13:47

Message withdrawn

littlelapin Tue 11-Sep-07 15:14:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WendyWeber Tue 11-Sep-07 15:18:56

Ah, I'm not IN, but NadineBaggot is and she should be around?

AQ, what are you doing replacing doors in the Lakes? Does the owner of the door know? wink

WendyWeber Tue 11-Sep-07 15:19:39

Also roisin lives in Cumbria (though not in the National Park)

WendyWeber Tue 11-Sep-07 15:21:10

have a look at this one too

roisin Tue 11-Sep-07 18:08:58

We are in Cumbria, but not in the NP - so doesn't affect us here.

My mum lives in NYorks and half of the village is in the NP, and they have considerable restrictions on what changes can be made to the external appearance of buildings. (Similar to the lowest category of listed buildings I think.)

Lizzer Tue 11-Sep-07 18:24:14

Yep, us too but not NP (thankfully) though we're in a conservation area and we've just had a barrel of laughs (not!) with the Building Control guys over an internal opening.

My advice is CHECK EVERYTHING with them, its a nightmare! My sympathies to you Auntyquated smile

auntyquated Tue 11-Sep-07 18:24:59

lol WW
we did think of just changing the locks but thought "in for a penny"
it is a holiday let that we look after for a friend. he thought an el-cheapo-UPVC-jobby would do ..looks like he could be wrong.

thnaks for the link WW ... not easy to find out the answer.

Anteater Fri 14-Sep-07 22:05:26

Auntyquatedpresentbelated
How are you!

may depend on if the house is in the NP or not and if its listed!

One of my doors is listed, they have photos and measurements!

The others although in the park I have changed with no comment.

A lot will depend on doing a good job quickly that will blend rather than offend.

Hope you enjoyed your MN game!

auntyquated Sun 16-Sep-07 10:49:45

anteater HELLO. the MN game is still going strong, altho' i now use it at work. amazing how many of those names have disappeared tho'.

the house in in the NP but isn't listed. joiners wants 3K for a like-for-like replacement shock. we could get a UPVC one for under 1K.
i need to investiagte further i think

admylin Sun 16-Sep-07 10:55:03

I know that where my parents live they have huge restrictions on the fronts of their houses but are allowd alot more on the backs - so one house has changed the back windows but can't afford to double glaze the front ones as they have to be special ones that look like the old ones.

Anteater Sun 16-Sep-07 13:54:34

THREE GRAND shock
must be some house..
can recomend a top joiner who does work all over the park if you would like.

They recently made an extermal oak door for me, fitted under a grand and its the Bxxxcks.

auntyquated Sun 16-Sep-07 16:39:19

tisn't a grand house at all lol 2 bed terrace!

would love the name and number of your joiner tho' please.
auntyquated at yahoo dot co dot uk

where abouts are you anteater? the house in question is in ambleside

Anteater Mon 17-Sep-07 10:30:15

have sent you contact details.
I went to a talk given by the founder of Lucy's last month, always imagine she is a MNer!!

auntyquated Mon 17-Sep-07 18:45:45

Lucy is a very bubbly lady; her menu blurb is always entertaining plus the food is gorgeous. I can't remember how many DCs she has but iirc they are all girls. the eldest was very poorly when she was little but is fine now - she must be in her early 20s.

thanks for email - i will give them a call tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now