Talk

Advanced search

MLM Bot watch 58- where the bizniss 'owners' are their own best customers

(998 Posts)
GoldenKelpie Mon 09-Mar-20 22:35:45

New fred!

GoldenKelpie Mon 09-Mar-20 22:38:17

With one message to spare shock, that was close.

GoldenKelpie Mon 09-Mar-20 22:44:40

My lovely neighbour, who has a disabled child whose prognosis is poor and who I help with fundraising for the charity they support, has become a BodyShop at Home bot sad. Cue memes, raffles, posts specifically to elicit a lot of posts (that are on her 'business page' but are nothing to do with the business). The BodyShop posts get little if any response. I too am ignoring them. I do not use BodyShop products and never have but I hope she doesn't act me direct to 'support' her business. I am very happy to help fundraise and support the charity linked to her childs' illness.

My cousin too is enmeshed in this MLM [sigh].

VTechnophobe Mon 09-Mar-20 23:49:12

Tropic bot has taken over school class WhatsApp group. I really want to tell her that the group is not for mlm and to take the chat elsewhere (50 messages about her "launch") and post a link to the Talented Ladies article. However replying with anything will cause a divide between the class surely?

Bluewavescrashing Tue 10-Mar-20 01:49:36

Tricky one @VTechnophobe. I don't think I would be brave enough to post the link but I'm a people pleaser (my downfall).

Thanks for the Fred.

Ladiva1971 Tue 10-Mar-20 01:53:18

A class WhatsApp group is no place to shill your Over priced Shit, just tell her to F**k off

Bluewavescrashing Tue 10-Mar-20 02:01:01

Dear God. The latest bot featured on Bruv's teamie page in a very old is....

Drumroll...

Mr Yawn.

Who is not even botting now since he slunk back to his J O B.

Seriously scraping the barrel there!

BSintolerant Tue 10-Mar-20 06:43:26

Avon has reared its ugly head on my Facebook feed in conjunction with Marie Claire magazine, which should know better. I’ll just leave this here. Some of the FB comments are interesting (see below).grin

www.marieclaire.co.uk/promotional-feature/speakout-avon-687774?
utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=commercial

What about Avon's South American campaign that made women think their products were the answer to the life of poverty they were living and encouraged them to spend money they could ill afford on cosmetic products. Not bought Avon since.

CodenameVillanelle Tue 10-Mar-20 07:13:02

Place marking!

Shhhhh223 Tue 10-Mar-20 07:42:34

Thanks for the new thread

9dartfinish2nd Tue 10-Mar-20 08:24:15

The BBC has done another MLM feature.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-51742824?fbclid=IwAR3FkBhpPAteXvcrFErDCoIuPxAxh3KbLmPiSjjp9gALBDH9KbyrBgrfuBg

Inside Out (Yorkshire and Lincolnshire) investigates multi-level marketing on BBC One at 19:30 GMT on Monday 9 March and can be seen afterwards on BBC iPlayer.

Focuses on the company ACN, and why so many British Asians have fallen victim to it.

9dartfinish2nd Tue 10-Mar-20 08:26:28

Video starts at 10.07 mins

Miniwinnie Tue 10-Mar-20 09:02:28

Will watch on catch up.

Meanwhile my friend is being brainwashed even further by her up line. I think she was ready to throw the towel in. It now she is posting about the soap lasting for 2000 washes.

Spongebobette Tue 10-Mar-20 10:15:14

There’s loads of Forever Living soap posts

dickiedavisthunderthighs Tue 10-Mar-20 11:10:49

They're all such vultures.

Spongebobette Tue 10-Mar-20 11:22:24

Nurse’s new team are all up and running. Apparently. So she’s recruiting a new Spring team

And ‘this business can be built under quarantine’

Sforsh49 Tue 10-Mar-20 12:51:39

Nurse, as usual, has copied most of Yawns post word for word......

Also I'm not having there's 2000 pumps in one of those hand washes, 0.2ml per pump, that's pretty much nothing!

SnoogyWoo Tue 10-Mar-20 14:44:27

Yawn can’t have gluten now, wonder if she has been diagnosed with Coeliac disease.

fromdownwest Tue 10-Mar-20 15:15:06

Another Welsh Bot has started a pod cast. ...more inane drivel

The only thing holding back your greatness is your mindset, have belief in yourself and you will be successful.

If you don't then you will never be successful.

Ironically, the most pessimistic and self critical person I know, is also an internationally respected litigation lawyer.

He constantly doubts his skill set!

CatherineCookson Tue 10-Mar-20 16:03:36

Wig and Sleaze have called off their Phillipines trip because of the Co-vid scare.. which is odd because it's just a bit of flu according to Sleaze.. Wig believes it's the universe speaking...

Wonder if they were actually going? Sleaze did post that they'd checked in but that's mysteriously been deleted.

Twentytwentyhindsight Tue 10-Mar-20 18:40:09

My guess is that they were never going to the Philippines, and this is a godsend of an excuse to feed their endlessly gullible followers.

Bluewavescrashing Tue 10-Mar-20 18:52:40

PHD is complaining that she can't get travel insurance. I thought she'd been to the UK and Bali since emigrating so surely she would have bought it before now?

Twentytwentyhindsight Tue 10-Mar-20 19:40:06

But has she 'emigrated'? One of the issues appears to be that she is not an Australian resident...

Methinks she may be running from issues not unconnected from her biznis not having submitted accounts and about to be compulsorily struck off.

Bluewavescrashing Tue 10-Mar-20 19:42:56

Yes, good point Twenty.

Something isn't quite right there.

fromdownwest Tue 10-Mar-20 20:42:11

The ACO and HMRC work very closely with each other. If she is applying for a visa, I would not be surprised if this was not flagged up.

I doubt she would be able to show any form of solid income to warrant her application, and referring to her UK accounts would blow her visa apart.

Shame

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »