Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone else having trouble with BusyBees childcare vouchers?

(13 Posts)
Kathyis6incheshigh Thu 06-Sep-07 20:43:43

Cos we are.
They've deducted the money for dh's last voucher but we never received it angry
They are not replying to emails, he has 3 times spent 45 minutes waiting for them to answer the phone with no response at all.

Is there something up with them, does anyone know?

Lio Thu 06-Sep-07 20:56:27

Busy bees are merging with Leapfrog (or rather Leapfrog are being taken over). Leapfrog have always been completely shite at getting my vouchers to me, one lame reason after another. Bearing in mind that they are merging, you could try the Leapfrog voucher-line number, which is 0800 031 9741. Once I have rung and complained, the vouchers always turn up a couple of days later in the post. Their most-often-used excuse is that they have e-mailed me the voucher, when what I have asked for is paper copies by post, so you could ask them to check that their records are showing the payment method you want. Good luck.

Kathyis6incheshigh Thu 06-Sep-07 21:32:50

Thanks Lio, that's interesting. Maybe the merger is why they are in such a state.

Lio Fri 07-Sep-07 14:53:23

You're welcome. If I can get these to work smoothly we will save about £70/month, which will be v helpful. I think they might use the merger as a smokescreen when in fact they're just a bit crap .

Yanka Mon 10-Sep-07 13:35:27

Another one being messed about by BusyBees angry...

Our nanny registered with them two weeks ago, but they still didn't bother to process her registration so we can't use the vouchers. When I called them, they said they didn't receive her registration form (I faxed it to them myself the week before last and the fax definitely went through) - very frustrating!
My employer uses Sodexho an their are SO much more professional! Shame that DH's company decided to go with BusyBees so we have to put up with them!

Kathyis6incheshigh Wed 12-Sep-07 11:11:00

Interesting, Yanka. Will bump this in case there are more.

fishie Tue 07-Jul-09 12:12:07

bumping this to ask you all how you are finding them.

i've just been told by them that they had a three day meltdown last week and couldn't process anything. neither could they manage to notify any of their customers "because there are thousands of them".

i wish they would buzz off and am considering changing provider.

CMOTdibbler Tue 07-Jul-09 12:15:43

I didn't get last months voucher, and had to ring up and get it reissued. Otherwise, they are pretty good, and v helpful when my nursery weren't able to reconcile vouchers and payments

fishie Tue 07-Jul-09 12:17:09

i am very cross with them because i have to do everything twice.

Shivs1974 Tue 07-Jul-09 12:24:46

DH's school uses BusyBees and we have nothing but trouble. We initially used the electronic vouchers but nursery couldn't reconcile as they don't put our daughters' names on them - so we switched to paper vouchers. These arrive as & when they feel like - nearly 6 wks late to 2 days after dh had been paid - so I'm now v on the ball and get dh to phone them mid-month and get the code from them. Nursery are able to get the money through this code - no idea how!

By contract my employer uses Imagine and we have never had any problems in nearly 4 yrs.

faraday Wed 08-Jul-09 17:04:30

Yep, we had issues with them (BB) as well. But 'Accor' pulled an even faster one: If you don't remember to cancel in good time (eg child starting school), sure, they go on taking the cash from you at source- but then WON'T refund it! We were told we'd be charged a £30 handling fee to pay us out the cash but 'obviously, madam, you'll be using childcare in future, so we'll hang onto the cash til you spend it then'!

Threatening legal action got the money repaid.

carrielou2007 Thu 09-Jul-09 10:40:56

BB are useless. It took them FIVE months to get everything started up as they kept 'losing' forms that were sent recorded delivery to them.

I have just reduced my hours so reduced the amount of vouchers issued to my CM. I have been ringing them EVERY day for the past three weeks and still my CM has not been paid though the money has been deducted from my wages. Everyday it's a different reason and 'we've done it today ring tomorrow for us to confirm it'.

I am going on maternity leave in dec and dreading trying to cancel everything and I will NEVER use them upon my return to work even though I will lose out on the tax savings.

Rant over!!!!

MrsPickles Sat 11-Jul-09 09:26:44

I used to do the online vouchers with BusyBees and I could never ever bloody log on to their system to transfer the money to my CM from whatever computer; or get through to the helpline. You can get busy bees to transfer the same amount each month without having to get paper vouchers or using the online system; I didn't want to do this because we don't pay the same amount every week; we didn't use know how much we would need to spendas DH works shifts; but now my CM now gets paid the maximum a month in advance which is nice for her ! Not that I mind really because she keeps tally OK but I have been forced to pay like that by Busy Bees and its just luck we now use the maximum each month so can pay like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now