Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Where do i go now .....

(5 Posts)
jooleybee Sun 02-Sep-07 22:12:12

We have recently stated renting (privately) a house for £1100 per month. My husband works, i am unemployed (but have just got a job that starts in two weeks) I applied for housing benefit, jobseekers allowance everything. Our rent is due tuesday. We dont have it. We have both as a couple worked all our lives, (unfortunately with regard to jobseekers I was self-employed previously so was onlypaying class 2 instead of 1 contributions, apparently we ae entitled to nothing. The route now is eviction, then homelessness, all we need is help towards this month's rent and then, with my new job we can manage until our tenancy runs out (Jan) otherwise, if we scarpered we could be liable for ou rent until jan! does anyone know who, how if we can get help, even Citizens Advice have been a bit useless!

GooseyLoosey Sun 02-Sep-07 22:13:29

Have you tried explaining your financial position to your landlord and seeing if you can work something out with them?

jooleybee Sun 02-Sep-07 22:22:58

That is what the Council advised, my landlord lives next door, i will do that as a last resort but, because he lives next door, I feel a bit awkward and what if he doesn't like it and gets "funny"

GooseyLoosey Sun 02-Sep-07 22:43:06

See your point, but he is going to realise what the position is fairly soon anyway. Better t be upfront with him I would thenk.

Goodluck anyway!

RosemaryWoodhouse Mon 03-Sep-07 09:06:37

Can't you ask your bank to extend your overdraft now you've got a job? I doubt they'd want to lose your custom over £1000 especially now you've just found employment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: