Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What do we do if we're £2000 into an overdraft??????

(3 Posts)
SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Sun 02-Sep-07 17:07:18

Right dunno if this should go here or in employment issues really, but its not just employment so i put it here!

dh has been underpaid again and we now can't pay our bills!! they already owe us £1400 from a few months ago, which is supposed to be coming thursday (they have said this for 3 weeks) and now they paid him £859 instead of around £1800, although we don't know why because dh didnt get his pay slip as he's off on holiday!!

What do we do????

we are literally at the end of our overdraft, bills are due out tomo, we don't have enough in there to cover them and we're just in deep sh*t basically!!!

oh im so confused! don't think i can ask my dad to bail us out again

oh and we're selling our house and having to pay out fees and things, great just what we need!!!

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 02-Sep-07 17:09:10

Why has he not been paid what he is due? Surely that's not legal?

I would go straight to your bank and explain to them what's happening. YOu need them to be on your side.

Good luck - sorry you're in such a state.

SaintGeorge Sun 02-Sep-07 17:11:37

Speak to your bank first thing in the morning and try to arrange an emergency extension to overdraft. Tell them of the owed money and try to get a letter from the payroll department faxed to the bank confirming.

Then dh needs to speak to payroll/HR immediately, requesting above letter and also telling them that any charges arising from overdrafts caused by the owed money will be charged to them.

Main thing is to be upfront with your bank. Always speak to them first, never let them be the ones making contact.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now