Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

quick Q about online statement

(6 Posts)
MerlinsBeard Sat 01-Sep-07 11:30:05

just checked my bank online and available balance says £0. no real surprise there BUT i have money coming out on Monday to pay for aloan. this has been 'claimed' early.

gid i am not explaining very well!

basicaly bank claims my balance is £0 but seems to have taken money out with the date 3rd sept. is the money stil there really?

MerlinsBeard Sat 01-Sep-07 11:48:52

thought it may have been tricky to understand!

Ony way i will find out is by going to cash machine i guess

dustystar Sat 01-Sep-07 12:02:28

It might be that becuase you have a dd active for your loan that it has taken that itno account when working out your available balance and is therefore telling you that you have nothing left.

serenity Sat 01-Sep-07 12:08:53

Well going by my online statement I should have £400+ in my account, but my available balance is actually considerably less, because although bills aren't yet showing up as paid on my statement, the money for them has been put to one side by the bank. You can only access the available balance, you can't touch the money that's in that inbetween stage. So for all intents and purposes, no that money isn't there. Your balance is £0 (oh I know that feeling smile), you won't be able to get money out.

preggersagain Sat 01-Sep-07 12:10:38

presumably the dd is due to be taken on the 1st of each month (?), so the monmey is set aside from the account on the 1st (today) but as it is not a banking day the actual transfer will take place on the next banking day (monday 3rd)

So that explains it if it is due out on the 1st if not then i have no idea!!! grin

MaureenMLove Sat 01-Sep-07 12:35:21

I think you'll find that you have £0 because the money for the DD has been 'earmarked' to come out of your account on Monday.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: