Talk

Advanced search

So... Anyone up for an earn £10 a day 2020 thread?

(990 Posts)
otterses Wed 01-Jan-20 07:43:56

HAPPY NEW YEAR tcrgrin

For anyone who wasn't with us last year, we all set about trying to earn £10 a day on top of our usual income. No MLM schemes or anything dodgy. There were some fantastic amounts achieved, mat leaves extended, babies conceived, and redundancies survived. I know the thread got a bit confusing to follow for new starters, but please don't be intimidated! You don't need any special skills or anything to do any of this, it's all really accessible and I promise we'll all try to be clear about what sites/terms are so no one gets too lost smile

I haven't had time to put a full list together, and to be honest I want to pop off and go make the most of the content on Crisp Thinking (social media moderation site averaging around £10 per hour) but I was planning on popping up a list a bit later today.

OP’s posts: |
Crazyhouse123 Wed 01-Jan-20 07:55:25

Hi going to jump in on this now!
I did see the 2019 thread but it was very confusing and I hoped there would be a new one for the new year.
Looking forward to giving this a go.

Happy New Year! tcrgrin

tisonlymeagain Wed 01-Jan-20 07:57:08

I dabbled last year but everything seemed so low value it didn't seem worth my time. However I'm just starting maternity leave so could do with the extra cash.

NannyPear Wed 01-Jan-20 07:57:28

I'm in!

Momniscient Wed 01-Jan-20 08:02:20

Count me in! No idea how tbh, but up for doing what I can

historyismything Wed 01-Jan-20 08:08:51

Can I join? I definitely need to find a way of making more money

GaaaaarlicBread Wed 01-Jan-20 08:12:00

Count me in 💃🏻

BertieBotts Wed 01-Jan-20 08:12:13

Yes. I tried one last year but got lost with it and can't seem to get anywhere near £10 a day sad One of my 2020 goals is to get more control over our money and an extra £300 a month would be very nice.

sammi0805 Wed 01-Jan-20 08:22:04

Count me in!

Monst3ra Wed 01-Jan-20 08:23:11

I'd love to join in!

Helini Wed 01-Jan-20 08:27:42

I saw the thread at the start of last year but it seems too daunting so I didn't join. I'm not the sharpest toll in the toolbox.

Would absolutely love to join but hoping for a bit of support blush

THAT90sBITCH Wed 01-Jan-20 08:30:42

Think i will have a go, i did see last years thread but it was mid way through the year and i didnt feel i could just jump in!

THAT90sBITCH Wed 01-Jan-20 08:31:21

£300 a month sounds amazing

seizethecuttlefish Wed 01-Jan-20 08:36:07

I'm in for another year. Thanks @Otterses. December was a decent month. Aiming for £20/day this month.

Barneythedinosaur Wed 01-Jan-20 08:37:53

Id love to give it a try.

Could do with some extra money as we want to move to a bigger house this year

Sweetpeach3 Wed 01-Jan-20 08:40:53

Count me in, I'm always up for a challenge. Specially when the kids are at school and I find myself getting bored ! Xx

mininionsteve Wed 01-Jan-20 08:40:56

I'd like to give it a go. Will be on maternity leave soon and the extra cash would be invaluable. All help needed here though.

ememem84 Wed 01-Jan-20 08:42:19

Another one here who saw the thread last year and actually thought it was a bit daunting. But willing to give it a go.

Flippant Wed 01-Jan-20 08:42:20

I'm in! Last year's thread inspired me to get on eBay. Made a good wedge but now have no possessions left grin.

Lou0390 Wed 01-Jan-20 08:43:14

Can I join please x

justtheonethen Wed 01-Jan-20 08:44:14

Welcome newbies. It's so achievable to make the extra money if you get on Crisp or a long term Appen project. My best advice is to apply for anything you wouldn't mind doing and eventually something will come up.

I've made enough money since May last year to not go back to work after my maternity leave and pay for ivf for my current pregnancy.

As always - @otterses you are the best 😘

otterses Wed 01-Jan-20 08:44:55

Ohhhhh lots of new people! smile welcome.

I'm sure others from the previous threads all be along soon to post some wisdom, but I thought I'd post what really worked for me last year. Truth be told, I can't be bothered with surveys and low paying online work, not when there are better opportunities out there.

Crisp Thinking - I average £300-400 a month on top of my full time job in this one just doing an hour while watching TV in the evenings after DS is in bed. It's really flexible, and you can dip in/out as and when you need to. You're paid per item you moderate, which averages £10 an hour when you pick up speed,

https://survey.crispthinking.com/risk-analyst

Appen - Until September, I was earning a consistent £250ish a month until the project I was working on came to an end. It's a really varied work source, from micro tasks to long term projects. It can be anything from recording phrases to help train Alexa like devices, to rating the relevance of adverts on social media sites for around £14 per hour.

https://connect.appen.com/qrp/public/jobs?uref=c48139fc0a25bae5d07c634d0a043f5b

Quidco - this was fantastic for me last year, I ended up with over £400 cashback just for switching utilities. It's also really good if you start doing matched betting, as a lot of bookmakers are on there with great rates of cashback. For example, I switched to BT broadband and ended up with £110 cashback, a free galaxy tablet, and a £80 gift card. Amazing deals if you have the time to shop around and are due to switch.

https://www.quidco.com/raf/8865091/

Angelfish Research - a market research website that offers at home studies, do WhatsApp diaries and discussions. £240 in vouchers from them last year for three studies, averaging about ten minutes a day of that when I participated, so it's well worth registering.

https://www.angelfish-opinions.com

Profilic Academic - the only survey site I do, better paid, generally quite interesting and you're never screened out. Managed £160 last year putting in very limited effort.

https://www.prolific.co

Clickworker - a bit like Appen, but just micro tasks. Pay rates vary. Found it quite good for keeping myself productive on my commute.

https://www.clickworker.com

OP’s posts: |
LilyLolo81 Wed 01-Jan-20 08:51:52

I’d like to join! I might not manage £10 a day (work full time, am studying for my diploma and have a toddler that doesn’t sleep) but my goal is to pay for next Christmas with extra money I make. Hi everyone smile

ThomasShelbysBunnet Wed 01-Jan-20 08:56:25

I'm in *waves!

SoloMummy Wed 01-Jan-20 09:05:11

@justtheonethen

How do you get paid? Do you have to register as a business and do tax returns etc?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in