Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

right i owe quite a bit of money have crap credit score what do i do to sort it out ??????

(11 Posts)
dressedupnowheretogo Fri 24-Aug-07 11:07:54

i cant get a loan or a nother credit card to transfer the balances on to or extend my credit limit on my cards so what do i do ???

is bankruptcy an option?

newlifenewname Fri 24-Aug-07 11:09:34

You really don't want to get a loan or card you need to write and offer a small amount each month to each creditor and get them to agree it.

Go to CAB.

Nemo2007 Fri 24-Aug-07 11:09:53

IVA if you have a house, if not bankruptcy would clear them quicker
For IVA we had ot have over £15thousand of debt

missgriss Fri 24-Aug-07 11:12:27

Definitely call CAB. Another loan orcredit card would just make your problems worse.

Banks are much more sympathetic if you advise them you are having problems, rather than waiting until it getsworse and worse.

Also go to moneysavingexpert.com. You can get brilliant advice from that site

dressedupnowheretogo Fri 24-Aug-07 11:23:02

cool
wil iva deal with 2,500 i know its not huge but thats half my yearly wage

dressedupnowheretogo Fri 24-Aug-07 11:34:32

cool

dressedupnowheretogo Fri 24-Aug-07 11:34:43

cool

dressedupnowheretogo Fri 24-Aug-07 11:34:43

cool

dressedupnowheretogo Fri 24-Aug-07 11:34:44

cool

elkiedee Fri 24-Aug-07 11:56:42

At that amount I wouldn't go for a formal arrangement if you can avoid it. Are all your debts credit cards or unsecured personal loans, or do you have council tax, unpaid utility bills or rent/secured loans to deal with? I ask because the latter are considered priority loans, because of the possible effects. For credit cards, better to say you're having difficulty and offer a token amount each month. As newlifenewname suggests, go to the CAB, as they can help talk to your creditors.

dressedupnowheretogo Fri 24-Aug-07 14:11:54

no its just credit cards im very embarrassed to say i only cleared my debt two years ago and here i am in the same boat again

thanks to everyone for there advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now