Talk

Advanced search

T's the season to be jolly (and earn lots of Christmas money!)

(1000 Posts)
Otterses Sun 01-Dec-19 08:17:19

I can't believe this has been going for nearly a year! I feel rather emotional blush

I'll pop the list up in a second for any newcomers.

Here's to a fantastic December, and bolstered bank balances for January!

AliciaWhiskers Sun 01-Dec-19 08:20:59

@Otterses thanks for setting us up a shiny new Christmassy thread!

margaritasbythesea Sun 01-Dec-19 08:38:44

You should Otterses feel very proud Otterses. These threads have done a lot of people a lot of good. flowers

TartanMarbled Sun 01-Dec-19 08:39:07

'Tis, not T's

Redda Sun 01-Dec-19 08:40:41

Morning all - thanks for the new thread @Otterses smile

@seizethecuttlefish on one of my Appen chats a mod said that if a project wasn't showing on your invoice then you should put the hours under another drop down project and put a note on the invoice - hope that makes sense.

I should be on around £800 for the month Crisp/Appen which is a lot better than the previous 2 months so I'm pleased with that considering there were a lot of tests and learning new things for projects on Appen.

ivykaty44 Sun 01-Dec-19 08:45:17

Been following your thread on and off through the year, I’m £438 short on the year 🙈 so not done badly on the £10 per day

justtheonethen Sun 01-Dec-19 09:02:01

Thanks for the new thread @Otterses. You should feel very proud, my unborn child is the direct result of these threads grin

November totals -

Crisp- £1000
Appen - £270
Respondent- £55

So a whopping £1325 smile

Also got a refund from Barclaycard for something - not really sure what as I haven't had a card with them for 10 years hmm. Its for £1420 though which is very nice just before Christmas. Think I'll save it for a holiday early next year.

Otterses Sun 01-Dec-19 09:09:51

Oh dear @TartanMarbled grin I'm going to blame my half working keyboard on my phone. I'm refusing to get a new one till my contract runs out the first week of January. I want my cashback for switching plans and I don't want to pay £75 to get out of my contract early.

@justtheonethen shock I think you've nearly beaten the take home for an average job there!

Crisp is still looking busy, so between that, listing some big items on gumtree, volunteering and applying for a promotion I'm hoping for a productive day smile

Otterses Sun 01-Dec-19 09:13:55

Can I also encourage everyone to check out the advent competitions?

https://www.loquax.co.uk/advent.htm

justtheonethen Sun 01-Dec-19 09:20:07

Can't believe @TartanMarbled just came on to criticise the spelling grin.

@Otterses I know, can't believe it really! I'm making more than if I did 3 days teaching as I would have to pay childcare. I'm so happy you started these threads.

seizethecuttlefish Sun 01-Dec-19 09:27:15

Thanks @Redda that's what I've been doing. Fingers crossed. Going to submit it.

toastytea Sun 01-Dec-19 09:29:59

Ho ho ho!

If my invoice is approved I'll have £615 next month all on appen. So pleased!!

https://connect.appen.com/qrp/public/jobs?uref=7ba3f2bcfe2c059bd58a1b3df0f06b8c

That's a referral link for appen ... nobody's used mine yet! 😊

I'm considering isoftstone but I noticed a few of you were worried it wasn't legit?

Redda Sun 01-Dec-19 09:46:35

@justtheonethen fantastic total and such a lovely reason to work hard flowers

0htooooodles Sun 01-Dec-19 09:56:29

I mainly work just in crisp, and I've managed just short of £1500 this month - super chuffed with that!

seizethecuttlefish Sun 01-Dec-19 09:58:45

I've been tracking my hours but the hours showing in SRT are massively off. I'm assuming I'm going to have to go with their hours sad

justtheonethen Sun 01-Dec-19 10:21:07

@0htooooodles amazing smile

Loopyteddy Sun 01-Dec-19 10:22:57

I've just become a SAHM and whilst we can pay our bills on my husbands wage I would love to make a little bit of my own money from home.
Are these companies looking for a specific skill set? I'm not sure I have anything I could offer them.

toastytea Sun 01-Dec-19 10:28:30

@Loopyteddy try appen. No specific skills required and quite a few projects at the moment. I've put a referral link below!

Loopyteddy Sun 01-Dec-19 10:32:11

@toastytea thank you I will take a look

Otterses Sun 01-Dec-19 10:38:14

@Loopyteddy

First of all, I'm sure you have lots to offer! A lot of what you need is time, and often just a bit of support and guidance smile

How much time do you want to dedicate to it? Are the kids at home full time or in nursery/school?

Crisp Thinking and Appen don't require specific skills, just some common sense (though be warned wait times to start can be long). Do do you have around £25 spare? You could start matched betting quite easily. I'd also sign up to angelfish research and respondent for any suitable market research bits you may be able to do as and when.

Website testing (utest, etc.) can also be profitable, though it can look a bit intimidating at first.

Also, do you tend to be the one who manages utilities? I'd make a note of when phone contracts, broadband, etc. are up for renewal. Then go via Quidco or Topcashback and switch providers, I've made around £400 this year just by switching my life insurance, house insurance, and WiFi.

There's so many options smile it just comes down to finding something that suits you.

Loopyteddy Sun 01-Dec-19 10:42:15

@Otterses that is some great advice thank you. My toddler is at home at the moment so i could do things in the evening once he is in bed.
I have also looked at matched betting and read so many threads on here, I'm just nervous to do it incase I get it wrong!

DontCallMeDarling Sun 01-Dec-19 10:50:37

@Otterses wine much thanks and congratulations!

StudentHelp Sun 01-Dec-19 10:51:32

Can’t believe it’s December already!
November was a decent month for me so off to add up my total

StudentHelp Sun 01-Dec-19 11:00:42

Vypr: £5
Prolific: £20.95
Intellizoom: £3.78
Topcashback: £22.20
Receipt Hog: £20
Neevo: £35.12 been paid £55 owed
CitizenMe: £3.58

Total: £165.63 (including what neevo owes)
That was my best month yet.

BlackCatFan Sun 01-Dec-19 11:05:34

🎄 🎄 🎄

Well done everyone, once again I'm jealous of some folk's totals.. really must knuckle down!!

Crisp - £400
Neevo - £30 ish (hoping to get that next week)
Appen - $70
Curious Cat - £10
eBay sales - £10
Lottery win 😁 - £80

I've been accepted to work on the postal vote count this month which should bring in about £400, but won't be paid until February which is a bit annoying.

This thread is not accepting new messages.