Talk

Advanced search

MLM Botwatch 55

(413 Posts)
Spongebobette Tue 26-Nov-19 11:07:12

Yes, thread 55 in a long series!
Thinking of joining an MLM? Forever Living? NuSkin? Younique? Valentus? One of the cryptocurrencies, weight loss coffees or travel agencies?
Read these threads first!
The vast majority of people who join an MLM actually LOSE money.
You don't have a business when you join an MLM, you are an unpaid rep.
On these threads you will find lots of examples of how 'uplines' lie to hook you in and keep you spending your own money.
You should also inform yourself by looking at
botwatch.blog/
ellebeaublog.com/
mlmtruth.org/
on Facebook, MLM Lies Exposed

Spongebobette Tue 26-Nov-19 11:10:12

Welcome to any new people joining us, and apologies that we refer to 'bots' (people who are in an MLM and fully brainwashed) by nicknames; we can't use real names on here.

GoldenKelpie Tue 26-Nov-19 11:52:20

Thanks, spomge!

GoldenKelpie Tue 26-Nov-19 11:52:45

Sponge, clearly grin.

acatcalledjohn Tue 26-Nov-19 12:25:56

Thanks Sponge!

Newbies: sadly we aren't allowed to PM real names either.

We do like a good game of Articulate! though.

ticktock19 Tue 26-Nov-19 12:28:27

Thanks sponge

Gotmychocolateimgood Tue 26-Nov-19 12:31:15

Thank you Spongebobette 🙂

About a year ago an ex colleague of mine joined younique just as she started her second maternity leave. Pretty textbook. Initially she spammed her fb feed with 4d mascara pics etc, quotes, all the usual stuff, some copied from her up line's posts. It all tailed off, predictably and she didn't mention products or recruitment for ages.

Fast forward several months to now and she's posted black Friday offers on her main profile 😭 I was getting hopeful she'd binned it all off!

OhMyGodTheyKilledKenny Tue 26-Nov-19 13:02:29

Gotmychocolateimgood the Black Friday deals may just be to get rid of the garage full of stock she ended up buying herself in order to stay active.

To any newcomers to the MLM threads .....yes, bots find themselves buying more products than they could possibly use in order to stay active or reach a certain number of CCs or to be "promoted".
This doesn't just happen at the lower levels either as even the very few that seem to make any money seem to buy their way to cheques.

Spongebobette Tue 26-Nov-19 13:06:50

Snap! A Younique bot I follow (friend of a friend) is posting Black Friday offers, with pics of items she has ‘in stock’

Looks like she’s bought A LOT of stuff to keep her upline happy. Hundreds of pounds worth

Spongebobette Tue 26-Nov-19 13:41:25

another tip for new people on the thread....

when you see people claiming amazing incomes and lifestyles thanks to their MLM.... it's often very interesting to have a look at the Companies House website. You can search on a company name or on a person's name and see their accounts.

It's quite enlightening....just one example - there's a Forever Living bot who often does presentations at success days/ conferences; her 'business' is in terrible trouble, she owes a lot of money and is failing to meet the (very fair) voluntary agreement to pay back a bit each month.

You would have NO IDEA about this by looking at her FB page or listening to her presentations about how she left a senior job with a high street store to live her dream life with Forever Living.

Others have taken huge Directors' Loans (a way of avoiding tax) which will come back to bite them.

dickiedavisthunderthighs Tue 26-Nov-19 13:42:03

Thanks for the new thread!

Spongebobette Tue 26-Nov-19 13:42:34

(this only works if they have actually registered their business as a company of course. Many don't, because there's no point, they have no income from their business)

MLMsuperfan Tue 26-Nov-19 13:57:28

Regarding Yawn's "month of nos" live, if you are that thick skinned a salesperson I would strongly advise you to get a proper sales job, where that level of resiliance will pay off a lot better than selling MLM stuff.

A friend has a real sales job selling condiments to restaurants and cafes. Incredibly she does it in her pockets of time as has a small child. It's unthinkable that she would have to buy the product herself (because it's a real job not a shakedown) and her only expense is petrol for the car which is reembursed within the month by her company. She probably has to use 20% of the sales effort that is needed to be good at MLMing, and amazingly, does not have to lie or misrepresent anything. Her soy sauce and ketchup do not need to cure cancer for her to make a living.

Norma27 Tue 26-Nov-19 14:21:22

I just put this on the previous thread, but yawn's pretence that she is leaving a 6 or 7 figure willable income to her kids is a laugh. What an absolute lying scumbag!

YouokHun Tue 26-Nov-19 14:49:15

@Norma27 in the event of Yawn’s sad passing all I can see that will be left is a back bedroom full of Aloe and red envelopes from HMRC on the door mat. This idea of “willable-ness” is utter bollocks. I hope she’s going to be honest with her kids even if she can’t be honest with her victims.

Jigsawpuzzle Tue 26-Nov-19 16:18:15

Apart from Yawn who else is prepping for Thailand?

BetsyTiger Tue 26-Nov-19 16:28:56

@Gotmychocolateimgood similar. I know someone who was on maternity leave and was snared by a younique-bot. Approximately 18 months of lives and being fully bottled and living her best life, then her husband (with a well paid job and, I assume, financially supporting their family) left her. Within months she had to downgrade her home and get a job again. The 'bizniz' took a side step and posts were, happily, more reflective of her life again. Then suddenly the black Friday posts started....

This is a smart woman with a high earning job and has the intelligence to back it up, yet somehow she fell into it too. I tried to explain, sent her the links, etc. She was too botted up. When I backed up my statement with numbers and facts she used that as an excuse to promote someone else who had been promoted.. eye roll

I gave up after that.

Spongebobette Tue 26-Nov-19 16:39:36

The ‘willable income’ or ‘legacy income’ is one of the big fat lies perpetrated by bots

All it means is you pass your downline to someone. But you need to keep up your personal CCs or PV

AND, because people drop out all the time, you’d never have a stable downline to pass on.

In Forever Living, if you look back on a top bot’s timeline, or even better look at past issues of their magazine which are available online, and check out some of the names of the business owners they mention, you’ll be amazed at how few are still ‘working alongside’ FL

Whiterangey Tue 26-Nov-19 16:52:47

Yawn wil go into insolvency and lose everything before too long so it's a moot point. She will likely lose the house in two to three years.

Their will be nothing to leave the kids except a hatred of forever living.

Whiterangey Tue 26-Nov-19 16:53:49

Fanks for the new fred Sponge.

fromdownwest Tue 26-Nov-19 16:58:45

Castle clan spending money like water, does not help with trying to convince people that the MLM dream is a fallacy.

Maybe she should pay down her directors loan before spending a fortune on her home.

Whiterangey Tue 26-Nov-19 16:59:46

I spent some time a while ago looking up some of the old big players. Their accounts were very interesting. Now earning a couple of thousand a year and still going. Dedicated up to 20 years of their lives to forever and have nothing to show for it.

No sympathy, as big players they put thousands of women into debt.

I wonder if once they have a taste of the big league and all the hero worship that goes with it they won't give up in the hope they will get that back.

Much like Yawn is doing except now it's happening faster.

Whiterangey Tue 26-Nov-19 17:01:47

The castle clan just think thre money rolling in again will happen. They will all go broke at some point I expect.

FleeBee Tue 26-Nov-19 17:02:05

I've just been invited to yet ANOTHER Tropic party there are a million bots where I live now & it's so expensive how are they growing so much?

Shhhhh223 Tue 26-Nov-19 17:14:45

Thanks for the new thread 👍🏻

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »