Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is this right? bankruptsy (sp)

(13 Posts)
totaleclipse Mon 20-Aug-07 18:18:27

We have lived here for almost 2 years, constantly recieving letters for the people that lived here before us, we would just send them back........anyway today in our local paper it says the people who l;ived here before have gone bankrupt, it states thier name and thier address, however the address stated is our address. MIL says its because most of thier debts were taken out while they lived here, that does'nt seem right to me, should I do something about this, who would I call, will it effect our credit rating?

MellowMa Mon 20-Aug-07 18:20:14

Message withdrawn

totaleclipse Mon 20-Aug-07 18:23:02

ok, is it right that our address is shown in the paper, is it possible these people have given a false address, I know they were rough......god what if someone is after them and they come looking here

MellowMa Mon 20-Aug-07 18:25:12

Message withdrawn

MellowMa Mon 20-Aug-07 18:26:23

Message withdrawn

totaleclipse Mon 20-Aug-07 18:28:59

hmm, well I think I will contact the CAB because if they have used this address illegaly in my eyes thats fraud, and I aint paying for someone elses bad credit.
Thanks for the advice

MellowMa Mon 20-Aug-07 18:32:12

Message withdrawn

totaleclipse Mon 20-Aug-07 21:21:28

bump

MellowMa Tue 21-Aug-07 07:58:14

Message withdrawn

totaleclipse Tue 21-Aug-07 08:01:22

MellowMa, your advice was great, about contacting equifax and what to do if debt collecters come calling etc, was just wondering if anyone knew whether my address can legally be put in the paper.

MellowMa Tue 21-Aug-07 08:27:03

Message withdrawn

pipsqueeke Tue 21-Aug-07 08:31:17

afaik and forgive me if it's wrong but the courts put it in te paper, as last known address. afaik of course - but there's normally always an address.

bit odd thou if you ask me 2 years on.

id speak to CAB.

girrafey Tue 21-Aug-07 12:37:28

i had to make myself bankrupt, and started the process in one house and finished it in another. when it was anounced in the paper it said amyjo22 adress... present address and previously residing in .....old address. what i was also told was if i didnt have an address it would say last known address. so to me something doesnt sound right. however, you do get alot of post from your official reciever ( the person who deals with it and takes you through what goes on in court etc) so if you have been recieving their post and sending it back, then they would have found it hard to complete the process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now