Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Ok totally hypothetical now, BUT if i was living with my b/f and had to give up TC what else would I lose out on?

(10 Posts)
Nymphadora Sat 18-Aug-07 15:18:44

Already thought of the 25% off council tax but is there anything else? Currently get £100ish a week wtc/ctc combined.

TIA will be back later

charliecat Sat 18-Aug-07 18:50:57

www.entitledto.com or .co.uk

Nymphadora Sat 18-Aug-07 18:53:57

trying to think of the extra stuff cos own't be entitled to anything money wise as he earns quite a bit but I don't want to have to depend on him, thought of the free perscriptions too, anything else?

charliecat Sat 18-Aug-07 18:57:18

Id put his wages and the amount of kids you have into that site..see what it pops up.

charliecat Sat 18-Aug-07 18:57:54

If he earns a fair whack you will get bugger all TC and you will be dependant on him.

EscapeFrom Sat 18-Aug-07 18:59:09

You'll lose the free prescriptions and any other thing like that if he earns over 16 grand

Nymphadora Sat 18-Aug-07 19:17:40

Thats the probelem Cc, want to know exactly what stuff I would lose. Though i could then earn more myself as I would actually get the money myself rather than losing TC for it IYSWIM.

So council tax, free perscriptions, hospital travel,£100 a week so far

charliecat Sat 18-Aug-07 19:21:36

hmmmm...depends how much your wages are and how much you will be splitting things down the middle, as if you eanr a little, but he earns a lot but you are going 50/50..........hhhmmmmmmmmm

Nymphadora Sat 18-Aug-07 19:40:13

I am thinking about the kids stuff tbh , as in I pay for their stuff but if I lose the TC stuff I couldn't afford to.He would pay bills but it would be more whilst his house is being done up and therefore he would still be paying his bills and morgage etc so I wouldn't take that much from him towards mine.Just hate the idea of haveing to ask for money especially when its to buy stuff for the kids that aren't his (though he would be fine about it)

Just hate the idea of being dependant on anyone else.Still Hypothetical atm anyway.

Ineedaholiday Mon 20-Aug-07 17:30:39

School clothing grant is another thing that you might lose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now