Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Joint debt, mortage, etc etc ... If I move out how much am i responsible for?

(5 Posts)
lunavix Fri 17-Aug-07 21:00:09

I can't cope with dh anymore and I'm going to beg the council for help.

Our bank account was overdrawn by £500 which he just made me pay from my tax money.

Obviously we have bills and mortgage each month. If I move out, how much am I responsible for and how long for

lunavix Fri 17-Aug-07 21:40:58

he's just phoned me to say he's phoned the bank and frozen our account 'to control my spending'

he's told whoever he's with, I suspect his brother, he's terrified my spending will land us in serious debt, and our kids will be taken away.

He spent the whole phone conversation telling me lots of things like he was upset and hurt and neglected and listing things I hadn't said like 'screw his family if they lose all their money' for whoever was listening at his end.

miljee Sat 18-Aug-07 12:33:34

CAN he freeze a joint account without your signature?

miljee Sat 18-Aug-07 12:34:02

By phone??! Sure he's not trying to put the wind up you?

lunavix Sun 19-Aug-07 20:34:41

He may have been winding me up.. I don't care. I don't want to spend anything until I have a seperate account!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now