Talk

Advanced search

Oct'19 - Part 2 - Earn £10 a day thread - Winter Is Coming!

(374 Posts)
MrsWombat Wed 23-Oct-19 09:15:56

Couldn't think of a wittier title, but noticed the previous thread was getting dangerously full up, and it's only the 23rd! shock

There aren't rules, as long as you've made some extra cash. So from eBay to remote jobs to saving money by switching your house insurance provider - it all counts.

Please don't discuss any clients on the thread or ask for extra information that may compromise Non Disclosure Agreements.

Link to the previous thread here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/3705917-let-s-top-up-our-bank-balances-for-christmas-it-s-the-october-earn-10-a-day-thread?pg=1

Link to the September thread with a list of websites to go through: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/3680934-september-earn-10-a-day-thread

OP’s posts: |
0hmygoodness Sat 26-Oct-19 06:52:47

Mrs Wombat, I am still waiting on clickworker to sort out a non-working code for the robot task too. Fingers crossed they pay it!

TheCanterburyWhales, don't feel bad. I have failed one Appen test and then I gave up on another as I just couldn't plough my way through the training. It was so complex and the trial questions didn't seem to tie in with the training. They did still offer me another project so I don't think they hold it against you smile

Countrygirl94 Sat 26-Oct-19 07:41:26

Started on the last thread but didn't do much.
Have signed up to Appen but have 9 projects in progress with only been able to do the Noyo one also been accepted on the Nifhliem one but nothing seems to be happening there.
Also applied for crisp and got 19/20 but that was in September and haven't heard yet,though looking at what others have said that's not unusual.
Is there anyway to boost chances of getting a long term project. I would love to get started so I don't have to go back to work next year once my maternity runs out.
Thank you @Otterses for starting these threads! I'm so hopeful now that I might not need to return to work and still earn some money after maternity.

Tohaveandtohold Sat 26-Oct-19 08:42:27

Checking in on the new thread.
I returned to work after maternity 3 weeks ago. Doing 30 hrs a week so I can still do school pick up and drop off for dd1.
Paying childcare for the baby as well so I would really love to get accepted for one of the big ones so I can top up my income.
I’m still waiting on Crisp, passed the test 3 times now! I got paid for some of the clickworker’s pinterest job which was nice and dh is still earning his £10 a day with an Appen project he’s working on.
I stopped MB 3 weeks ago when went back to work as it was too much effort for little profit these days.
@TheCanterburyWhales , so sorry to hear about the Appen task. I really hope you hear back from one of your other processes.

dreamyflower Sat 26-Oct-19 13:35:27

Hello. So our energy bill is sky high and I want to change. Does anyone know of any offers etc I can do whilst changing? I saw on a previous thread someone got vouchers for changing

Claudiawinklemansfringe Sat 26-Oct-19 15:10:01

I'm new on this thread but have been following it since March and have made just under 2k since I started at the end of May on Appen, Prolific, Clickworker, Utest, Football Lottery and several survey sites. Money's really tight here, I've been a stay-at-home Mum for years, now my kids are older I'm starting to get back into freelance work so the extra cash has been a godsend, thank you to those who started off these threads.

@dreamyflower - I switched my energy provider for gas/electricity using Martin Lewis's Moneysavingexpert Energy Club; you get a £25 cashback. Check out Quidco / Topcashback sites too as they often have cashback on energy firms!

Itsallaboutdamoney Sat 26-Oct-19 15:17:59

@Claudiawinklemansfridge

Whats the football lottery all about ? Not heard of that before.

Claudiawinklemansfringe Sat 26-Oct-19 15:30:02

@Itsallaboutdamoney sorry I meant Football Index. It's on the March make £10-a-day thread. I signed up using a cashback offer, paid a tenner to join but as soon as I got my cashback paid out I closed the Football Index account; made £25/30 on that.

anxiouswaiting Sat 26-Oct-19 16:00:57

@dreamyflower if you switch to Octopis you get £50 credit and so do I. We save loads since moving to them. Pay something like £18 a month less than we used to on our monthly direct debit amd we have about £300 credit sitting in our account ready to cover the extra winter costs, we never used to be in credit before we switched so for us Octopus has drastically reduced our bills.

This is my link if you or anyone else would like to use it to get £50 on your account once the switch is complete.

share.octopus.energy/lotus-shell-297

MoreMoneyPlease Sat 26-Oct-19 16:16:46

Just placed my first ever MB bet. Was extremely stressful and took flippin' ages as had to keep checking the Team Profit website. Hopefully I've done everything right and it will trigger my free bet smile

ArthurShelbysTash Sat 26-Oct-19 18:40:03

@dreamyflower I switched to Bulb two years ago and have saved a fair amount. Worth a quote and we both get £50 if you use my link. They are a sustainable provider and they've reduced their prices twice since I've been with them.

www.bulb.me/jessb0525

dreamyflower Sat 26-Oct-19 20:33:21

Thank you 😊 I decided on bulb so used your code!

ArthurShelbysTash Sat 26-Oct-19 21:02:43

@dreamyflower thank you! £50 to us each, hurrah! You'll get a recommend a friend code too, spread it far and wide!

MrsWombat Sun 27-Oct-19 08:09:41

I can also recommend Bulb. I've been with them for 2 years and our price comparison always comes up cheaper with them. Money Saving Expert club is also good to take a look at.

OP’s posts: |
Otterses Sun 27-Oct-19 08:19:41

£125 this morning for switching to Lloyd's, saw it on the money shed this morning. It apparently hits the account before you switch over completely.

Downside is the hours I will now waste trying to work out how to change my pay information at work grin

TheLolaMontez Sun 27-Oct-19 08:32:24

Did you have to switch everything over for that @Otterses ? All direct debits etc?

seizethecuttlefish Sun 27-Oct-19 21:05:45

Anyone doing Nile on Appen? I seem to have been waiting ages on log on details. Also Niflheim, I got an email ages ago to say I was accepted and nothing. I emailed Appen and they were as helpful as ever and said, I'll hear when I hear. It's really quiet, work wise. No crisp here and no longer term projects.

Frenchdoors1 Sun 27-Oct-19 22:14:26

@seizethecuttlefish

I've not heard from Nifleheim either since the email.
Still waiting for peppermint too, and I haven't heard from Bane Curation - don't know how I have done on that one.
I guess it's just wait and see then.

MoneyM Mon 28-Oct-19 07:47:10

Yay, finally got my profile activated on Appen. Have registered for all projects I'm willing to do - going to set my sights fairly low and probably assume I won't get anything for a while judging on previous comments.
Starting matched betting today too. A bit nervous!

rhij86 Mon 28-Oct-19 08:32:23

@MoneyM yay, fingers crossed for some Appen work smile

Itsallaboutdamoney Mon 28-Oct-19 09:06:02

Got 20/20 on the Crisp test on the 7th Oct, so i'm now just impatiently waiting for something from them. Thinking of doing the test again (as some people have done, when still haven't heard back) but knowing my luck i'll fail it next time round.

Clickworkers im not getting anything on there really worth doing. If i had an iphone 7 i could have qualified for a couple of well paid tasks, but i only have the 6 and my DS has the 7 but won't part with it.

Im slowly but surely doing MB but even thats going slow due to lack of funds on being able to do more offers. Asi don't want to be using my exchange funds that ive built up, so i have to wait to put a little money in my bank when i can, so i can do more.

Prolific is here and there.

Appen, i finally got my account activated last week (after 2 months) but still nothing, i have one task in progress, im waiting to hear back about.
I was thinking of trying Lionbridge instead, but do they even accept UK applicants ?

Work-from-home ...the time they expect you to be on skype for an interview before you can start, is an issue for me. Staying awake till 2am in the morning is not an easy task when you've been up early and had a busy day, im usually in bed by 11am. So thats not happening.

Cloudworkers - i need to get back in touch with them with my ID, but once again if i start work its staying up till what time in the morning sending msgs. Has anyone on here been with Cloudworkers, is it even worth it ?

So all in all this month ive only been doing MB when i can and Prolific. Which has made me about £20, oh and i won £8.50 back from a purchase i made on Ebay using Boom25.

rhij86 Mon 28-Oct-19 10:18:04

who was it that mentioned a new cryptocurrency before? was that worth looking at?

I've just been adding up my totals, with 3 days to go the total I've been paid from extra bits just from finding this thread in October is £288.72 plus a £10 amazon voucher so £298.72.

I've got a couple more payment hoping to land in the next few days which will hopefully mean I hit my £310 target. I'm so chuffed!! It's meant I've been able to spoil my husband and mum for their birthdays this month and make a start on the Christmas shopping totally guilt free.

Just want to say again thank you so much for these threads grin

Wolfff Mon 28-Oct-19 10:41:39

The cryptocurrency is pi. Still in early stages but you don’t have to do anything just click on it every day or so. My referral link is:
minepi.com/Lemming
Code Lemming

rhij86 Mon 28-Oct-19 10:44:59

thanks @Wolfff, I'll take a look.

Wolfff Mon 28-Oct-19 10:45:09

New cryptocurrency is pi

Not sure if it's any good but doesn't cost anything and you just have to click on it every day or so.

https://minepi.com

My referral link is:

minepi.com/Lemming

Code is Lemming

Wolfff Mon 28-Oct-19 10:46:10

Sorry link not in my post. Have a look it might be crap but costs nothing and might turn into something later

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in