Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone been made to feel COMPLETELY invisible by the SLC?

(4 Posts)
PrincessGoodLife Mon 13-Aug-07 12:32:02

Am sooooo bored now of trying to do something very very simple. Since January of this year I, and both my parents, have tried so many times to get my contact details updated with the students loans company, and to try and arrange a full pay-off. There have been phonecalls, faxes, letters, emails. And EVERY SINGLE TIME nothing happens. It makes me feel invisible.

I will not bore you with the details, but was just wondering if anyone else had had similar problems with them? It seems utterly surreal that it has been almost 8 months and nothing I have done seems to make any difference. Are they having problems with their system or something??

Yet another letter this morning (to the old address of course) and I am so unmotivated to bother replying now. Yawn.

PrincessGoodLife Mon 13-Aug-07 13:53:52

Jbck Tue 14-Aug-07 19:14:11

They've a bit of a cheek cos I think if you move & don't tell them, they can charge you for finding out your new contact details.
Can you email & ask for a read receipt then keep it as proof?

PrincessGoodLife Wed 15-Aug-07 14:42:28

that's a good plan

I actually sent a formal complaint to them yesterday about it and oh, surprise surprise, I got a reply! It was only acknowledging my email but it was something at last!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now