Talk

Advanced search

Let's top up our bank balances for Christmas! It's the October earn £10 a day thread

(996 Posts)
Otterses Tue 01-Oct-19 06:57:24

Saw a few newcomers place marking on the previous thread, so a big welcome to them smile

Christmas is just around the corner, and I'm sure we all could do with the extra earnings to pay for Christmas and keep us out of the January slump.

I'll copy and paste the first post of the previous thread as soon as I'm at a computer.

Has anyone got any targets in mind? I'm aiming for £20 a day, then hopefully £200 or so of 'extras'.

OP’s posts: |
seizethecuttlefish Tue 01-Oct-19 07:01:11

Place marking
I'd love to hit £20/day but unless another project like the voice recording comes up, it's not looking promising. Going to have to bite the bullet and start teaching English online, I think. confused

lannister Tue 01-Oct-19 07:05:59

Placemarking. Back again, love this thread. Will keep my target to £10 a day still waiting for crisp and appen. Haha

margaritasbythesea Tue 01-Oct-19 07:17:26

Christmas is only really possible because of this thread. Thanks again Otterses. I'm so grateful.

Appeneers, don't forget to submit your invoices today!

LeaderoftheAteam Tue 01-Oct-19 07:36:54

Hi folks, hope you don't mind if I tag along and join the challenge! I have been browsing the threads for a few months but with Christmas coming up thought I better pull my finger out!
I'm a Sahm to three DC and my partner has a long commute so is generally not home until after bedtime. I'm a qualified teacher and used to tutor when there were less children 😳. I have been thinking of trying to take a weekend job but no supermarket will accept me 🤔.
I don't think I have much to sell but will be setting up a FB account for marketplace and ebaying whatever I can find. I have signed up for Appen and did do half of the voice collection task but honestly got a bit cross with it because it seemed to be paying peanuts for hours and hours of work. Have applied to Crisp but didn't pass the test so will have to try again.

Will keep reading and getting ideas. Good luck, any other suggestions for me would be appreciated. 😊

rhij86 Tue 01-Oct-19 07:37:28

Place marking too, thanks for the new thread!
I jumped on the September thread around the 16th and made £69.98 plus a £10 amazon voucher - not bad considering I spent most of that time setting things up!

Still waiting to get going properly on the big things like appen, cloudworkers and isoftstone so going to keep my target to £10 a day for October.

Speaking of Appen, I was accepted onto a project over a week ago and told I would get details/instruction by email but heard nothing more. Is this normal? The noyo stuff came through fine so it's not my spam filter.

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 01-Oct-19 07:39:42

Placemarking.

justtheonethen Tue 01-Oct-19 08:07:02

Hello all.

September totals are-
£85 respondent survey
£340 voice recordings
£830 crisp
£116 appen
£1371 total. Very pleased with that!

Aiming to make as much as humanly possible this month but realistically will go for my usual £30 a day and anything extra is a bonus. I have generally been able to book shifts on crisp that cover that so if there is a surge I can top up. Also have appen now if I don't get kicked off which should be £300 over the month.

Anyone feeling discouraged then do keep the faith, hopefully it won't be long until something good comes along. I know that it's hard at the start when you're plugging away for peanuts but when you get onto appen/crisp or similar it's really easy to make decent money from home.

Buster27 Tue 01-Oct-19 08:11:20

Hi all. Only did the last third of the month, but ended with £253 thanks to finally getting my Appen payout sorted.

Feel like I've got my motivation back so will be putting in a good effort this month. Will be continuing with matched betting and prolific, waiting on the paperwork for cloudworkers and will try and ebay a few things too. I'm going to set my target for £500 and hope MB have some decent offers!!

Bemystarlord Tue 01-Oct-19 08:12:20

Just marking my place smile

September was good with the isoftstone project and then odd bits buy not much lined up for October yet. £20 a day would be amazing 🤞

Still since May waiting and hoping for Crisp or a long term Appen project.

Dhalandchips Tue 01-Oct-19 08:14:15

This is all new to me! Please can someone link to previous threads so I can find out what crisp and appen might be? And voice-over? Sounds fascinating! Do you have to be posh?

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 01-Oct-19 08:14:40

I'd like to know more about this! What kind of things are you doing? I'm so amazed that you can make £30 a day!

imnottoofussed Tue 01-Oct-19 08:20:28

I'm interested too grin

justtheonethen Tue 01-Oct-19 08:31:57

Here is the previous thread, have a look at the first thread and welcome newcomers smile

September Earn £10 a day thread http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legalmoneyy_matters/3680934-september-earn-10-a-day-thread

whatthewhatthewhat Tue 01-Oct-19 09:16:43

Marking!

CatHopeful Tue 01-Oct-19 09:21:55

I'm so glad I found these threads back in the Spring, thank you smile

Prolific has really stalled for me. I only got £8 from them last month, for the previous couple it's been more like £20.

I have been accepted by Appen, but haven't done any tasks as I'm nervous about sharing social media log ins.

Crisp is still my main thing - I did just over £220 last month, which I'm happy with as it's the most I've earned and was doing it very much part time. I've also been offered a shift work log in, and assuming I can manage the work and can grab the shifts, should work really well for me.

LeaderoftheAteam Tue 01-Oct-19 10:36:08

Right, passed the Crisp test finally!! 19/20, have tried a few times but thanks for the tip about the swearing acronyms as I think that was letting me down. Fingers crossed the wait isn't too long.

justtheonethen Tue 01-Oct-19 10:39:57

@LeaderoftheAteam hurrah! Hope it's not too long! I'm also a teacher and am trying to avoid going back after Mat leave. Although that ended a while ago. I'm making about what I would if I taught part time especially as I don't have any childcare to pay out so its win win for me.

justtheonethen Tue 01-Oct-19 10:40:32

@CatHopeful there are always loads of shifts so that will work well for you. Well done!

Moremoneyplease Tue 01-Oct-19 10:52:49

I started towards the middle of September and have made about £100 so far (although half of that was from friends using my referral code for the chocolate tasting!). Done a bit on clickworker but I'm waiting for Crisp, Appen, isoftstone etc so keeping fingers crossed for at least one of those.

@justtheonethen that is amazing!! Can I ask - are the bigger payers a long term thing? Do you think it's possible to keep getting that sort of money for years or will the shifts/projects eventually dry up? Just looking ahead to retirement...

MrsWombat Tue 01-Oct-19 10:54:19

Checking in for October.

I'm going to try and do my Appen project every single day in October instead of 5/7 to bump my earnings up for Christmas. I've got some small earnings dripping through for Clickworker and Prolific too.

Good luck everyone!

Moremoneyplease Tue 01-Oct-19 10:54:57

Referral code if anyone wants to sign up to Clickworker!

www.clickworker.com/en/clickworker?utm_source=2855075&utm_campaign=CW4CW&utm_medium=email

Frenchdoors1 Tue 01-Oct-19 11:04:18

qm.ee/Y24LTNGPZKZEC

Referral link for Qmee if anyone is interested. I've earned over £70 on there the last few months.

Moremoneyplease Tue 01-Oct-19 11:07:48

@Frenchdoors1 I'm amazed at your Qmee total. I just checked mine - £1.76 in the last three weeks!

justtheonethen Tue 01-Oct-19 11:09:34

@Moremoneyplease crisp is long term, it's a proper job and it won't end as long as there is social media! Appen is as long as the project lasts- although the one I'm on people have been on for months so doesn't look like it is drying up anytime soon.
The respondent surveys are just as and when but I've got about £85 a month from them each month. The voice recorder one is coming to an end now.
Crisp is the one to get on for long term earning potential in my opinion.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in