Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

So are Bank of Scotland and the Halifax not the same thing then?

(3 Posts)
saltire Tue 07-Aug-07 14:54:09

I assumed they were because the DSes supersaver accounts were changed to halifax accounts and my saving acocunt was changed to a Halifax one. Also when my debit card went missing in the post I ahd to get a new one and collect it from the Halifax. However when I went in last week to pay my DH's credit card - we usually post it but because of the postal strikes thought it would be easier - I was told by Halifax woman "oh no, we just do business banking for them, nothing else, you can't pay this in here".

Sheherazadethegoat Tue 07-Aug-07 15:05:28

the visa side of things is handled by a completely different company or section of the company. i have a bank of scotland visa card and i seem to remember i couldn't do anything in my bos branch.

mawbroon Tue 07-Aug-07 15:16:16

I worked for BoS at the time of the merger but I couldn't tell you which part does which bit anymore. I know that they do still run very separate operations for many of the services.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now