Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone know what time LLOYDS TSB online banking updates each day?

(26 Posts)
looneytune Fri 03-Aug-07 08:28:30

Hi, desperately waiting for payment from a parent (I'm a childminder) for a large sum and about to go away for a long weekend. Just checked online and it's still not showing (was due on 1st), do you think I need to wait to 9am or does anyone KNOW what time it updates? I've got a feeling it's updated already and I've not been paid which will make me very

calordan Fri 03-Aug-07 08:33:30

sometimes a bit before 9 but then updates during the day, I once wrote a checque and By the time I got home an hour later it was showing on my pc banking

looneytune Fri 03-Aug-07 08:35:37

Thanks. I'll check at 9ish. I imagine that all DD's/Standing Orders go through in one run? and then single transactions can be throughout the day. I once went shopping and it was showing when I got home but a cheque , I thought they had to take them to the bank first!

FioFio Fri 03-Aug-07 08:36:37

Message withdrawn

pipsqueeke Fri 03-Aug-07 08:38:06

ringin and ask to speak to clearing they'll tell you if it's waitinign to clear today or mondya - i've done it before. money wise thou iirc it's about 10pm at night apparenlty well 10-12pm. debits go out throught the day.

looneytune Fri 03-Aug-07 08:45:40

Just noticed that although one transaction is dated 2nd, it went on the system today as I checked last night and it wasn't showing. I'll stay calm for a bit longer but I'm going to be so if I'm not paid. We had 'chats' last month and she's supposed to have move the date to ensure I don't get charged by my bank. They are on holiday til Wednesday and me and hubby are off for our wedding anniversary weekend break and need the money!!!

pipsqueeke Fri 03-Aug-07 08:46:21

pass the charges onto her - if you can do that?

looneytune Fri 03-Aug-07 08:46:22

Oh. Well we phoned yesterday and they said they couldn't see it coming in and to look today

looneytune Fri 03-Aug-07 08:52:01

Well I have a £5 per day late thing in my contract, like many childminders, and it's for 2 children. I'm going to charge this but it's still not as much as my own charges and doesn't make up for not having money for planned meals out etc!

Also, when I was on holiday last month, I had the same problem and we went a couple of days with no money and it was a nightmare. I was going to charge and someone in the childminders section (not a childminder) started saying how I couldn't charge, it wasn't legal and wasn't fair, just like the bank charges etc. Well, we have to pay bills, feed our family, the kids we look after etc. so this is very different to big banks charging. PLUS....it's in my contract and she signed agreeing to the late payment fees!

Sorry, ranting, just so as it's nearly £900!!!

saltire Fri 03-Aug-07 08:54:43

I know how you feel looney, I used to get this from parents a lot. One in particular was always late, and another ended up being taken to court by me, shoe owed over £1000.

If it's in your contract then you can charge her - she read it and signed it!

looneytune Fri 03-Aug-07 09:03:38

Hi Saltire, how are you. I was in tears yesterday and feel like I'm going to again in a min. Parent in portugal at her dad's so emailed yesterday in case she's checking emails at all and just texted very firmly now, hoping she gets it. I'm livid! Thank god I wasn't charged (only coz another lovely parent paid a day early) but (you may have read) me and dh never get any time on our own and he won these travel vouchers and we're booked into a 5 star posh London hotel for 3 nights, supposed to be very excited and now I'm worried sick and am not sure we can do the things we planned. This is my biggest payment each month and I need it NOW!!!

She's got no choice now, she either moves payment to nearer a week earlier or I'm ending contract, I can't live like this!!!

looneytune Fri 03-Aug-07 09:05:10

By the way, phoned bank again, still not showing and they said clearing team won't be able to help as it's a standing order and not a direct debit!

SueW Fri 03-Aug-07 09:09:50

Interesting about your late charges. Small businesses are covered in law for non-payment i.e. payment must be within 30 days of invoice or there are specific penalties you can charge - but not as much as 5 per day. Is that a recommendation from the childminder assoc? (Just curious, not trying to be contentious)

It's possible she has arranged for the payment to be made on the 1st (perhaps she gets paid on 31?) and it is going through at the moment. It's possible it could update overnight tonight if it is going to arrive in your account on Monday.

If she gets paid on 31, she might be concerned about her own salary going in late and not having the money available to make payment. Can the two of you work out a date which is suitable to both of you e.g. you have some parents pay 1st monthly, some on 8th, some on 15th iyswim?

looneytune Fri 03-Aug-07 09:16:53

I just know a lot of childminders charge a late payment fee to stop this sort of thing and I know many who've charged and been paid it and then they've not paid late again after that . The thing is, if we don't have the money to provide food for mindees, trips out etc, it's affecting other customers!! I've been paid late a few times but never charged but this is the same parent and has happened a few times recently so I'm charging! I can't just be soft all the time, people just walk all over me!!

She's not paid a salary, they have various incomes from their own businesses and other projects and it's the same amount she pays every month. It started coming in late recently so we had a chat (date doesn't matter to her) and she said it was set to leave her bank on 29th but she's changed this to 27th. Well, even if it was still 29th that it left, it should have arrived yesterday, I just dont' know what's going on.

Sunshineonacloudyday Fri 30-Sep-16 01:32:54

Fri 03-Aug-07 08:35:37 the dates beside you're names looks different. I thought it was an old thread.

Sunshineonacloudyday Fri 30-Sep-16 01:35:00

Fri 30-Sep-16 01:32:54 beside my name it says this. Does anyone else notice or is it just me and my computer. Op I am expecting a payment today and its not yet arrived and it comes every Friday I usually check in the morning. I haven't been paid yet and yes I am with lloyds.

Sunshineonacloudyday Fri 30-Sep-16 01:36:35

I just checked my account again still zero. There will be a kick off tomorrow if I am not paid.

UmbongoUnchainedInAPearTreeeee Fri 30-Sep-16 01:39:14

This is an old thread.

avamiah Fri 30-Sep-16 01:42:40

Sunshine ,
Don't panic .
Its around 4 am.
Thats when the system updates and DD and SO go out and payments come into your account.
Hope this helps.

Sunshineonacloudyday Fri 30-Sep-16 01:48:15

Thank you that helps I have never checked at this time before.

Sunshineonacloudyday Fri 30-Sep-16 01:49:33

I found this thread in the trending section that why I was confused.

Sarahjane44 Fri 30-Sep-16 01:59:38

I get a child matenance paid every Friday and it's not gone in yet , im with Lloyds

avamiah Fri 30-Sep-16 02:01:20

Don't worry i'm sure it will be there.
Check about 4.20 am .

avamiah Fri 30-Sep-16 02:05:15

Sarahjane ,
The system doesnt update this early.

Sarahjane44 Fri 30-Sep-16 02:12:41

It's gone in now , thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now