Page 2 | August earn £10 a day thread

(738 Posts)
Otterses Thu 01-Aug-19 07:38:18

A big thank you to to @reddA for compiling this list smile

Here aren't rules, as long as you've made some extra cash. So from eBay to remote jobs to saving money by switching your house insurance provider - it all counts.

Please don't discuss any clients on the thread or ask for extra information that may compromise Non Disclosure Agreements.

Previous threads: JANUARY FEBRUARY MARCH APRIL MAY JUNE JUNE 2 JULY

Passive Income
(These applications both look at your viewing habits, have a good think about whether or not you’re comfortable with this)

MobileXpression - amazon vouchers - about £100 a year
Nielson Mobile - various vouchers - about £100 a year

Work at home 'jobs'
Appen Connect Various long term tasks, apply for as many as you want but the wait time does vary to be offered a project.
Appen Global - Smaller tasks, some more arduous than others.
LionBridge Lengthy application process and tests.
Crispthinking Risk Analyst Social Media, very flexible, can be a long waiting list.
Cloudworkers Adult Chat, Text via PC
Clickworker Small projects
Modsquad Moderating Jobs

Surveys and Market Research
Prolific Academic
Respondent
Jisp
Angelfish
VYPR
People for Research
Populous Live
Qmee
Ipsos

Other
What users do Test Websites
UTest Test websites looking for bugs - can be quite technical
User Testing Test websites
RedWigWam Jobs, Mystery shopping etc.
Opinion Outpost
Shutterstock
Shoppix
Better Points
Intellizoom

Cashback
Quidco
Top Cash Back
Ohmydosh

Daily Free Entry
Free National Lotto
Pick My Postcode

Free Horse Racing (Pick 7 Horses)
ITV7
William Hill Lucky 7

Matched Betting Tips/Tools
OddsMonkey
Team Profit

OP’s posts: |
Otterses Thu 01-Aug-19 17:47:57

@Flippant

The rules (at least when I was on leave last year!) were on SMP you can be self employed, but on MA you can't do anything, or it's deducted penny for penny from your MA amount. Obviously doing things like selling unwanted items on eBay you can get away with grin

So Appen and Crisp and ModSquad for example, you're self employed as a freelancer/contractor for the company. As long as you're keeping accurate records, and register as self employed you should be fine smile

@TheLolaMontez another thought! Is your little monster still up at night sometimes? If so, I'd sign yourself up to the easier to use competition sites. If you get lucky, you can always sell on your prizes. I use this one, mainly because it's easy enough to use when half asleep and you can do it on your phone.

https://twitaculous.com

I forgot to announce yesterday, I won a box of crisps grin !

Otterses Thu 01-Aug-19 17:57:36

@SpockPaperScissorsLizardRock

grin that's fantastic news.

I'll take a look at gener8 when I get in. Have you had a successful cash out? I seem to recall there was a point where you could only collect points with no clear cash out option on there.

Tohaveandtohold Thu 01-Aug-19 18:05:57

@Flippant, I’m receiving MA so I’m only doing matched betting as it’s tax free. I only do the risk free offers and got around £160 in July so not a lot like others make on it but better than nothing.
Then I got DH to register for Appen and he has a constant project and just invoiced them $320 this morning.
I’m still waiting for Crisp and Modsquad and hope they come through this month as my MA ends on the 5th of Sept. I’ve been waiting for crisp since May so you can register for things like Appen, crisp etc now and hope they get back to you when your maternity leave is about to end.

BlackCatFan Thu 01-Aug-19 18:06:25

Anyone know if you're allowed to work for Crisp and Lionbridge at the same time?

Otterses Thu 01-Aug-19 18:21:53

@BlackCatFan totally different work and clients so they aren't bothered smile it's just the web search evaluation work Lionbridge/Appen get funny about.

BlackCatFan Thu 01-Aug-19 18:31:27

@Otterses ok thanks. I'm going to apply and give it a go..

TheLolaMontez Thu 01-Aug-19 19:16:22

Thanks @Otterses ❤️ I have calmed down a bit now, was just getting a bit flappy this morning confused I've managed to do a 0% money transfer from my credit card to cover it so that has taken some pressure off but I would like to get it paid off ASAP so I will still try to make as much as possible this month.

And winning a box of crisps is literally my dream come true 😂 I hope they were good ones!

louise5754 Thu 01-Aug-19 19:20:04

Hi I have dyslexia and mental health issues.

Can someone please explain as simply as possible how I can make money. It can't be too difficult.

Thanks.

lannister Thu 01-Aug-19 19:37:18

@louise5754 if you scroll to the top the very first post has a list of ideas. Maybe pick a few that sound managable to you, google them and have a go, see how you get on.

anxiouswaiting Thu 01-Aug-19 19:39:04

@Otterses well done on your win! I've decided to try and dedicate more time to comping this month, I'm just entering a few here and there through the day when I get a second.

Prolific has been good today, about £6.50 on there and I didn't even do all the ones that were available because little one wouldn't let me sit down! Also on £7.50 from Crisp today as I have worked when there has been some surges, still a lot of effort for little money but I am hoping I will get quicker. I've only been doing monitoring as well, it is so much more simple than Mod2, whenever I go on there I only do a couple and then retreat back to the safety of monitoring!

Otterses Thu 01-Aug-19 19:48:58

@anxiouswaiting

Ahhhh! I'm the total opposite, monitoring still scares me grin

@louise5754 it comes down to how much you want to earn and what you feel capable of smile do you find you struggle with numbers/reading or both? Do your mental health issues impact concentration, etc.?

The list in the first post is a really good starting point. As are the links to previous threads.

whatthewhatthewhat Thu 01-Aug-19 20:03:27

@anxiouswaiting how can u see how much you've made in Crisp today? I thought you could only tell the next day when the dashboard updates?

whatthewhatthewhat Thu 01-Aug-19 20:08:53

Only need 70 more points to get a fiver on the Vypr app - I quite like it! Shame there aren't more steers!

anxiouswaiting Thu 01-Aug-19 20:24:04

@whatthewhatthewhat on the dashboard in orange writing it says how many items you have rated today and how much you have earned today

Otterses Thu 01-Aug-19 20:34:04

@TheLolaMontez

(And anyone else!)

https://surveys.angelfish-opinions.com/s3/AF3021-AnimalWildlife

Apologies if you're not over 30!

whatthewhatthewhat Thu 01-Aug-19 20:34:46

@anxiouswaiting mine says 0! And I know that's not right! 🤷🏻‍♀️😧

Otterses Thu 01-Aug-19 20:35:21

https://www.peopleforresearch.co.uk/opportunity/paid-diary-study-entertainment-uk-14495

Another good one.

whatthewhatthewhat Thu 01-Aug-19 20:40:56

@Otterses any idea who they are looking for? It's clearly not me :-(

TheLolaMontez Thu 01-Aug-19 21:43:32

I'm under 30 sadly, (probably the only time I'll ever say that!)
I would love it this month if I heard from crisp finally. Have you heard anything @Bemystarlord ?

Bemystarlord Thu 01-Aug-19 21:54:41

@TheLolaMontez sadly not, still email checking in the hope something comes through sad so frustrating waiting so long as I really could do with this one coming though.

TheLolaMontez Thu 01-Aug-19 21:56:17

Same 😩 I wish they gave you an idea of wait times. It's a bit frustrating. I guess they just don't want us midlanders yet 🙁

ShinyButtons Thu 01-Aug-19 22:40:01

@anxiouswaiting I'm the same, monitoring is so much more simple. I've been trying to force myself to spend 10 minutes in mod2 every time I'm on in the hope it will get easier, it's not worked yet lol

I think there's to much choice on mod2 and it confuses me then I panic I'm doing it wrong and retreat back to the safety of monitoring.

whatthewhatthewhat Thu 01-Aug-19 23:40:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShinyButtons Fri 02-Aug-19 00:01:38

@whatthewhatthewhat yes it does. It has the total so far for the month on the left in black then next to that in orange it has the total for the day so far. It updates randomly about every 15mins to half an hour ish.
What does yours look like?

My dashboard is still showing the total for July, is that normal?

whatthewhatthewhat Fri 02-Aug-19 00:04:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

This thread is not accepting new messages.