Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Help need to find £5000

(11 Posts)
tegan Sun 29-Jul-07 22:27:48

Well I need to get some kind of work around dh who works nights and sleeps in the day. I have dd1 9 and dd2 3 so can't get proper job.Anything I can do in my spare time or from home.

CGOmum Sun 29-Jul-07 23:44:10

Not a lot you can do for that sort of money. Could you not work a few days a week whilst dd1 at school and get a child minder to have dd2 as you can claim uup to 80% of child care costs back on tax credits. Go onto gov dir and use the IR family tax (do I qualify) site to work through different incomes and childcare costs to see who much better off you'll be.

tegan Mon 30-Jul-07 11:54:15

Thanks will try that

CGOmum Mon 30-Jul-07 22:54:25

Sorry it's not the best news I was trying to find something myself to do from home as I need £6000.00 a year to cover out going but wasn't able to find anything so went after looking into it found that I was better working Monday to Friday 30 hrs make much more than £6000. needed and tax credits pay 80% of child care. Now pushing employer to pay by child care vouchers (busy bees)as this is a large tax relief you can have £52.00 a week and it only costs you about £43.00 as it comes out before tax and NI. Look into it all.

tegan Mon 30-Jul-07 23:33:33

Thanks looking for some part time work but in our area you are lucky to get a paper round

madamez Mon 30-Jul-07 23:41:19

How about one or more of the various Avon/Bettaware/Phoenix/Usborne thingys, which can work quite well and are very flexible to do.

CGOmum Tue 31-Jul-07 00:34:53

Agency work or large supermarkets are always good for part time hours

ninedragons Tue 31-Jul-07 04:10:13

Can you type? Being a temp secretary can be surprisingly lucrative. It may even be worth doing a typing course if there is an agency in your area.

tegan Tue 31-Jul-07 14:46:00

I have numerous qualifications in business admin and typing skills so might give that a go.

CGOmum Tue 31-Jul-07 20:49:51

Thats a good way to go if you have worked in an industry try giving local companies in the same area calls telling them what you do and what hours your looking for thats how I got my new job on the very first call for the hours I required. If not call the agencies my friend does agency work has just landed a job Monday to Friday 10.00-14.00 so she can drop off and collect from school and she's on £11.00 per hour. Good luck job hurting let us now how you get on.

tegan Tue 31-Jul-07 21:04:54

Thanks will have to look into where their are agencies near me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now