Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

The big switch from WOOLWICH to BARCLAYS!! Important info in case you didn't already know

(4 Posts)
MaureenMLove Sat 28-Jul-07 12:00:28

Did you know that the moment your new Barclays debit card hits your door mat, your old Woolwich card becomes void? Therefore if you haven't got your new card yet and you are planning a holiday within the next few weeks where you will be using your Woolwich card, you should take note! If it arrives in the post whilst you are away, the card you have with you will immediately be void. My branch have advised me to take plenty of ID away with me, so that I can get money in a local branch if my card becomes void.

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Sat 28-Jul-07 13:52:40

How very annoying....

foxinsocks Sat 28-Jul-07 13:53:59

it's a pain isn't it

still, I have hopes that Barclays will actually manage to spell my name right on the bank card. Something Woolwich didn't manage in almost 7 years of us having the mortgage with them!

MaureenMLove Sat 28-Jul-07 14:26:25

I'm kinda stuffed if my card arrives next week. I am on holiday! I don't want to take piles of cash with me, just in case, but on the other hand I don't want the embarrasment of my card being declined in a restaurant! Not to mention it being swallowed in a cash point machine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now