Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

is anyone SHIT HOT at sdavings and moving money around???cos to me its a right PITA

(11 Posts)
MaloryTheExciterTowers Thu 26-Jul-07 11:21:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tracyk Thu 26-Jul-07 11:40:07

Can't you get your dad to do it all for you and buy him lunch as a thank you?
You're right it is a pita - I just look up moneysavingexpert.com and take their top ten and then leave the money there for years - can't be arsed tarting.

MaloryTheExciterTowers Thu 26-Jul-07 11:52:01

charliecat Thu 26-Jul-07 11:55:26

I enjoy doing it, when im in the mood.
Use the same password with a digit different on the end.

SimplySparkling Thu 26-Jul-07 11:56:24

at "he would be responsible if the bank of england rate dropped etc". I understand his feelings but perhaps you could ask him to come up with a shortlist with pros and cons for you and then you make the decision? I find all financial stuff dead boring, too btw. I used to do the ticking off of receipts on statements but that's about it. I'm back doing it again but have a huge backlog so I've got the kids (12 and 13 yrs) helping me.

MaloryTheExciterTowers Thu 26-Jul-07 11:58:11

SimplySparkling Thu 26-Jul-07 12:00:32

My backlog is more like 12 or 15 mths!

tracyk Thu 26-Jul-07 12:00:42

Surely there's no risk for your dad - it's just building society accounts? or print off moneysavingexpert and just highlight the ones you want him to open for you.
Make sure if you have to go into branches for anything - do it early in the morning - otherwise you'll spend all day in a blooming q!

MaloryTheExciterTowers Thu 26-Jul-07 12:01:11

tracyk Thu 26-Jul-07 12:01:45

I've just cleared out 2 years worth of old paperwork - just have to shred it all now! Nice feeling though with nice shiny new lever arch folders with only a couple of years worth of stuff.

MrsBadger Thu 26-Jul-07 12:05:23

I hate it too

got a new ISA last year (special bonus rate etc etc)
always forget how much is in it
can never remember farking security details
get locked out of online access
have to ring and ask and they think I am an idiot
(they never want easy memorable info, they want a 7-digit farking PIN)

I always think we have everything sorted then the exhaust drops off the car / Grandma bankrolls the holiday / the boiler explodes / Great Aunt Mary dies and it all shifts round again.

DH handles most of it, I just keep a slush fund and clear it out once a year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now