Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Allowance for playgroup/nursery - what, when, how????

(7 Posts)
Twinkie1 Wed 25-Jul-07 13:25:44

Right have been told that will get allowance from council at some point to pay for DS going to playschool or nursery.

DS goes to nursery 3 days a week and a friend mentioned that I should be able to get an allowance when DS reaches a certain age to pay for some of this.

At what age?
How do I apply?
Will they give me the 5 sessions money for me to spend on the 3 days DS is at nursery - I don't want to send him anywhere on the other 2 days as I have him all to myself to do fun things!

Many thanks for your advice.

Tx

SlightlyMadSpider Wed 25-Jul-07 13:27:57

I think it starts from teh term before he is 4

It will over a maximum of 5 2 1/2 hour sessions per week (so 3 full days should be fine). You will have to pay any extra fees.

Google for your LEA website and look at preschool funding.

SlightlyMadSpider Wed 25-Jul-07 13:28:47

And the money usually goes straight to nursery (which must be ofSted regisered). They should tell you when it is time to apply.

Magicmayhem Wed 25-Jul-07 13:29:02

Your DS will get free nursery/pre-school sessions the term after he turns 3 ie, if he is 3 in november he will get it in January. The setting will give you the forms to fill in. It will be 5 - 2 1/2 hour sessions.
HTH

JARM Wed 25-Jul-07 13:29:21

Government funding sessions start the term after their 3rd birthday.

They get 5 x 2.5hr sessions per week

The nursery he is at will give paperwork when he is elgiable.

SlightlyMadSpider Wed 25-Jul-07 13:30:58

leicestershire example.

Actually calues may vary from county to county but I think the ages and hours are nationally applicable.

I have also heard it is due to increase from 5 sessions per week soonish.

Twinkie1 Wed 25-Jul-07 13:39:55

Hoorah will make going to work slightly less of a financially futile nightmare!!

Thanks chaps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: