Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Did you/are you reclaiming Bank Charges have you had problems.......

(9 Posts)
fannyannie Fri 20-Jul-07 13:35:31

with your bank (particularly HSBC) after doing so? Ie refused extended overdraft, refused credit, them just being awkward about stuff? (I know there's a whole thread dedicated to the subject but it's long....and I'm tired)

Just wondered really as a while ago I suggested to DH that he try and reclaim from HSBC - no idea how much it is, but given the number of DD's that 'bounced' 2yrs ago probably quite a lot, however he said that he'd heard (and this was quite some time ago now) of people subsequently being treated no particularly well by their banks afterwards and he was worried HSBC would do the same to him if he reclaimed (he has the Mortgage, CC, Flexiloan, "normal" loan, and his bank account with them.....basically all his major stuff).

However, it keeps bugging me - especially as I keeping reading on MN about people getting loads of money back off their banks.....

TheMuppetMuggle Fri 20-Jul-07 15:50:21

don't know hun have just started to reclaim my charges.

lulumama Fri 20-Jul-07 15:52:32

maccamacca is the one to ask about this!

FlameDelacour Fri 20-Jul-07 15:53:44

Nope, no problems ere (Barclays)

GrimoireThief Fri 20-Jul-07 15:55:30

My friend opened an account with another bank in case of this. Having said that, she didn't have any trouble (HBOS). I think she's far too good a customer for them to lose (lots of credit = lots of lovely interest for them) and it sounds like your dh is the same. The last thing the banks want is loads of people with squeaky clean, healthy balances. Where's the profit in that?

Boredveryverybored Fri 20-Jul-07 15:56:52

I reclaimed last year from Lloyds and have had no problems since.
I know that advice was given to set up another account just in case, but I havn't heard of anyone actually having these problems with their banks.
Realistically it would be ridiculous for them to do it, especially if you do have all of the major things with them.
They make far too much money from you and your relaimed charges would have to be absolutely massive for them to actually to that I think.

hth

ProjectSeverus Fri 20-Jul-07 16:00:08

no problems keep bloomin trying to sell us stuff.

ProjectSeverus Fri 20-Jul-07 16:00:08

no problems keep bloomin trying to sell us stuff.

Mumpbump Fri 20-Jul-07 16:02:41

I think it's a good idea to set up another bank account that you can use if they do become difficult. Dh just got a load back from HSBC so we will see if they start to be difficult. TBH, for the money they make out of a mortgage, I would have thought they'd still co-operate. Otherwise, if you move the mortgage, they lose out massively...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now