Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Please advise.

(6 Posts)
totaleclipse Wed 18-Jul-07 12:45:44

DH has been off work for a week due to an injury on his finger, he has now been signed off for another 2 weeks, what can we do money wise......benefits ect, he had only been in his job for 1 week when the injury happened so will only recieve SSP.

suezee Wed 18-Jul-07 12:48:01

the only thing he can do is get a sick note from the docs and claim ssp, i take it hes not entitled to any holiday pay then ??????????

totaleclipse Wed 18-Jul-07 12:50:55

No, no holiday pay, am currently trying to fill in a Housing benefit form, my god they need so much info, and I dont have proof for most of it.

ruddynorah Wed 18-Jul-07 12:52:04

how bad is the injury? is there anything else he could do for his employer so he's still earning?

suezee Wed 18-Jul-07 12:53:10

the best thing you can do is ring the cab up go onto their website and get their local number for ur area they will advise you on what you can do

totaleclipse Wed 18-Jul-07 12:58:20

Well he has 2 jobs, one he only started 2 weeks ago, for a specialist paving company, I doubt they will pay him to be the tea boy and his other job is driving a taxi, his finger is srapped up so he cant drive, even if he could he wont be insured because he issigned off sick. A large piece of rotten wood went through the joint on his finger, he left it a week and it got very badly infected, he ended up needing an operation and being put on a drip of antibiotics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now