Talk

Advanced search

Matched betting 2019

(735 Posts)
thefavourite Mon 18-Mar-19 21:56:01

Continuation of matched betting chat from earlier thread...

SidesofFeet Thu 09-Jan-20 21:49:27

Hoping to get into matched betting. Registered with Coral, was given the sign up money which I matched bet with and made a profit. Signed up with Betfred next but didn’t get free money because my son has an account at the same address as me. Which other companies will give me the sign up bonuses when my son and I have the same address?

PhoenixMama Mon 06-Jan-20 07:36:56

Thanks!

Gammeldragz Sun 05-Jan-20 22:17:18

I use odds monkey daily and pay for it, but find it worth it. I am on the team profit Facebook page and get their emails, but don't pay for anything with them.

Freeshavocado Sun 05-Jan-20 21:49:15

I use both, I found I only needed oddsmonkey once I got to about week 5 with team profit so I would save paying for it just yet.

PhoenixMama Sun 05-Jan-20 21:09:14

Hi all - looking to start match betting, which is better Team Profit or OddsMonkey or do people use both?

seizethecuttlefish Thu 02-Jan-20 09:32:56

Place marking

cherrytreeblossom Wed 01-Jan-20 14:48:42

Hiya

Can anyone advise me how to restart matched betting when I have already done the newbie stuff a couple of years ago that gets you going with all the new customer offers?

Is it possible to get back into it without that boost at the start?

HelpIneedASanta Thu 26-Dec-19 06:23:34

Finally I found this thread - placemarking

jbloom17 Tue 17-Dec-19 10:43:24

. @sonny13 as @freshavocado says, many bookmakers will restrict you from the free bet offers if you use a pay wallet to deposit.

This is because of the amount it costs them to process any deposit/withdrawal from those wallets.

Sakura7 Wed 13-Nov-19 14:18:37

I use Revolut as well and find it great.

Freeshavocado Wed 13-Nov-19 13:15:59

I use revolut (already had the account for holiday savings) which I would recommend as it is just a visa debit card so no restrictions with any bookies (I'm sure I've seen some that don't accept skrill deposits to get a free bet) and the app is dead easy to use, you can also order an actual card too if you want to use it for eg a holiday in future.

Sonny13 Wed 13-Nov-19 10:51:54

Hey team. Any help on getting started regarding e-wallet and loading and withdrawal?

Would you recommend Skrill or Payoneer?

I’m sure both offer prepaid card to go with virtual account. So is it as simple as depositing money in from the card and withdrawals when required back to the Payoneer account as example.

Is there hidden translation costs with these wallets?

I was on my Paddy power account and noticed in the deposit section only Skrill (also PayPal) was one of the methods but no Payoneer?

Janaih Tue 12-Nov-19 21:27:44

@Freeshavocado definitely get oddsmonkey. it's invaluable for matches and of course you get 0% commission at smarkets when you link it. and for more advanced tools you'll use sooner or later.
there will be quiet weeks like this, don't panic.

Freeshavocado Tue 12-Nov-19 20:42:10

Finally I found a long running matched betting thread smileI've been looking for one not sure why this has never showed up in search!
I started 4 weeks ago now and have made £250 using team profit so far, struggling a bit this week as there obviously isn't much football on and horse racing odds always seem to be way more than 10% different to the exchange?
I've started the £1 OddsMonkey free trial yesterday, do many people on this thread use it and should I continue the subscription?
So many questions now I have found a thread!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 12-Nov-19 20:34:31

If you look on smarkets it tells you how much money’s been traded on each game, easy to tell which way everyone’s betting.

Sakura7 Tue 12-Nov-19 20:02:24

Perfect, thanks fluffycloud

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 12-Nov-19 19:05:17

Lower leagues, team profit also says you can get on cricket, tennis, golf, dart etc.

Anything big in the western world basically. So American football/ basket ball is ok, Argentinian football isn’t.

Sakura7 Tue 12-Nov-19 18:45:13

Stick to high profile football

What's the best approach at times like this when there is no high profile football? Bet on the lower leagues/EFL or on horses?

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 12-Nov-19 16:27:58

Stick to high profile football, odds under 8, bet on your phone as close to the start as you can.

Janaih Tue 12-Nov-19 15:54:02

thanks @Fluffycloudland77 sad another one bites the dust

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 12-Nov-19 12:31:49

@Janaih usually yes, but if your stake restricted it’s not a good sign.

MoneyM Mon 11-Nov-19 15:54:31

@DragonMamma Yes, exactly the same! Do them one at a time to keep as much of your liability free as possible - pick low odds (but over what the bookie stipulates to unlock the offer!) for your "real money" bet (I usually don't go for odds above 3 to keep my small loss on this bet below £1) and then, for the free bets, pick as high odds as you have available liability to maximise profit.

Janaih Mon 11-Nov-19 15:53:30

hello sorry to butt in, does anyone know if you get an email from BetFred when you're gubbed? I seem to be stake restricted on most bets and not allowed price boosts at all.

DragonMamma Mon 11-Nov-19 15:49:46

Thanks @MoneyM ! I was feeling rather smug that I’d managed to not fluff it up on my first go.

So presumably I need to do the same thing as above to unlock my free bets and then move on to actually making money?

MoneyM Mon 11-Nov-19 15:24:35

@DragonMamma Don't dwell on it! You've only lost about 22p and you deffo won't be making the same mistake again smile So yeah, time to move on to other bookies - if I remember rightly skybet have an easy bet £5, get £20 and William Hill is bet £10, get £30 - I would do them first as they are good at sending reload offers most days (especially William Hill!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »