Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Bank charges again (boring I know)... does anyone know if this is still going on?

(5 Posts)
nally Mon 09-Jul-07 20:46:34

There are so many previous threads about this that I don't know where to start. I am not even sure if my situation is one that counts I have been charged a lot by going overdrawn with First Direct. There have been times where I have phoned and pleaded and they have reduced the fine by £5 or something but otherwise they have charged me £30 even if I am overdrawn only overnight. Then I thought someone said something about it might be too late?

AlbusPercivalWulfricBrianSun Mon 09-Jul-07 20:49:15

No it's not too late but the banks are starting to fightback - i.e. they're starting to court with these claims whereas they settled easily before. I've just got my charges back from FD.

fingerwoman Mon 09-Jul-07 20:53:44

yes, Lloyds won in court recently over charges because the judge ruled that it was a service charge and not a penalty.
but it's worth a try

nally Mon 09-Jul-07 20:53:47

so what is it exactly i am asking for?

AlbusPercivalWulfricBrianSun Mon 09-Jul-07 21:06:46

There's a website - don't have the link here but have it at work but if you google Consumer Action Group it should get you to it. They have all the letter templates, advice and fora that you need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now