Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax Credits Help Please!

(13 Posts)
Lazylou Sun 08-Jul-07 11:20:29

I have recently just come off of income support and returned to full time work. I am in the process of applying for tax credits but I have hit a stumbling block and was wondering whether any of you lovely lot out there can help.

I need to provide detils of my earnings last year but as I said, I was on income support and I have no idea how much it worked out at. I thought when you came off of benefits you got a p45 but I haven't received one yet so might be wrong on that.

I was wondering who I would need to get in touch with to find out this information? It's particularly desperate this month as my boss is going to take DD's nursery fees out of my wages and pay me the difference (I'm a nursery nurse at the nursery DD attends). I have been warned that she would do this if the situation wasn't resolved so it's partly my fault. I'm just so bad at getting organising all this stuff.

I would really appreciate any help any of you could give me.


magnolia1 Sun 08-Jul-07 11:23:22

Your local jobcentre should send the p45, ring them tomorrow and say it's urgent. If not then you can tell the tax credits how much you got every week income suport and how long for. That should be enough for them to start sorting the claaim

Lazylou Sun 08-Jul-07 11:28:02

Thanks for that. That's really helpful

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 08-Jul-07 11:30:19

Make completely sure that the tax credits people know what you are earning NOW as well - otherwise they will overpay you and you will end up having to pay stuff back.

Lazylou Sun 08-Jul-07 11:45:04

Thanks for that NSF. I hate filling in forms for this kind of stuff although it really is necessary. I thought I would be able to manage without tax credits and such like but the reality is that I can't. Sometimes I wish I stayed on benefits and had everything done for me because I was a lot better off on benefits than I am now I'm working.

Alos, any ideas where I could find my child benefit number? I can't find any of the correspondence sent to me by these people and the tax credits form needs that too.

Thanks again

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 08-Jul-07 11:48:57

I am not sure how you can find it if you can't find any of the letters (It was so much easier when we had the books and the number was written there on it!)

You could try e-mailing them here

Lazylou Sun 08-Jul-07 11:50:11

Wonderful. Thanks!

SlightlyMadSalmon Sun 08-Jul-07 11:50:28

It was on my bank statement as a Ref number

SlightlyMadSalmon Sun 08-Jul-07 11:52:09

On my bank statement the ref is XXXXXXXXXXXX-CHB

I think we told them hte numbers without teh CHB

Lazylou Sun 08-Jul-07 12:05:44

Thanks SMS. I really wouldn't have thought to look there and its been stressing me out not having a clue where to look

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 08-Jul-07 12:33:32

Ahhh - I don't have mine paid into a bank as I like to keep it seperate..

SlightlyMadSalmon Sun 08-Jul-07 16:52:33

How do you get it paid. You must have a payment book or something then?

Lazylou Sun 08-Jul-07 18:14:34

Mine does get paid straight into my bank. Didn't think of checking the statements though. Idiot lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: