Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Argggggh What would you do?

(7 Posts)
MamaMaiasaura Fri 06-Jul-07 09:21:48

I had a double glazed door fitted in April. Since it has been fitted I have had them out again 4 times. 3 times for faulty lock and once because the replacement lock (which worked) wasnt a front door lock, so people could gain access to property.

THey have fitted another front door lock which again is faulty. It keeps slipping so the levers dont retract meaning I cant get in the house without fiddling around for a bit at the door. Also now they have chaged the locks so many times the handle is wobbly. Also noticed that there was a lot of condensatin on door last night, and I dont know if they have buggered the seals too.

I am so fed up of calling them out time and time again and having to make sure I am home on the days they come out.

Getting completely stressed out, any advice??

NoodleStroodle Fri 06-Jul-07 09:23:14

Presumably you have not paid the final balance on the door? Get someone else in to fix it and don't pay the balance. Write to them and tell them that is what you are doing.

MamaMaiasaura Fri 06-Jul-07 09:24:36

I have paid for it in full as when it was fitted didnt envisage the problems we are having.

NormaStanleyFletcher Fri 06-Jul-07 09:26:04

If the door is not fit for purpose ask them to replace the entire thing.

callmeovercautious Fri 06-Jul-07 09:26:13

Write them a letter laying out all the problems and giving them a reasonable time (say 4 weeks or so) to resolve the issues or that you will get another firm to do the work and will send them the bill.

They should respond to this.

I suggest you speak to the CAB but I think you could then make a claim for goods not being fit for purpose - sale of goods act I think.

Google sale of goods and check.

MamaMaiasaura Fri 06-Jul-07 09:31:45

<sigh> just would have prefered it to wokr. Hate all this trying to sort it. I am pretty sure they are regulated. tbh the company have been nice, come out etc when I Have called. THey seemed to have sourced out the repaired tho to another company. When the guy came last and I questioned the replacement lock as it seemed to be same as faulty ones (dodgy spring on top lever) he made me feel like a silly woman . Right, will go and get paperwork out and start from there then. Have tried to call original company but they have answerphone on at the moment.

MamaMaiasaura Fri 06-Jul-07 09:32:22

thank you for advice, will write out letter too. Might post it here to be checked over if ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now